Chapter 3

"Come on, let's go," Brady pulls me after him, we walked in Big Momma's, everyone was dancing and there was a band at the front, "So this is a shindig... it's a pissup." I looked around, "I swear, I'm never going to understand your Aussie slang but you're dressed for it. Let's roll." Brady smiles down at me, he clasps out hands together and brings me down, the music changed, Brady looks at me and grabs me tight, dipping me down, "Brady!" I squealed and clutched onto his neck and shoulder, "Come on, let's dance," He brings me back up, "No, I'm sorry," I look down and walk off, "What?" He looks at me, I couldn't get more than a few steps away before people closed me off in a circle.

The day started ordinary
Boys walking by (ooh ooh)
It was the same old story
Too fresh or too shy (ooh ooh)

Brady comes up to me and grabs my waist and hand but I swat him away and try to walk off again. 

I'm not the kind to fall for a guy
Who flashes a smile (It goes on for miles)
Don't usually swoon
But I'm over the moon ('Cause he was just too cool for school)

He keeps running after me and was dancing as he walks over, I roll my eyes but crack a smile.

And now I'm
Falling for ya, falling for ya
I know I shouldn't but I
I just can't stop myself from
Falling for ya, falling for ya
Can't hold on any longer
And now I'm falling for you

People got into two circles and we were all dancing with partners, I saw Brady behind me dancing with another girl, I just wanted to get to him, I was starting to get a little scared as all these dancing and singing people were prancing around me.

It feels like I tumbled from another world
Into your arms and it's so secure
Maybe I'll stumble but I know for sure
Head over heels I'm gonna be your girl

"Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady. I'm actually terrified," I clutched onto his shoulder and mumbled into it, "Hey it's okay, just stay with me," He hums into my hair, "Please, I want to leave, I'm getting scared, plus I'm worried, I can't wait around for the storm, I'm heading to the beach to try and find clues." I let go of him and try to walk outside, "Nat, here, remember. This is the part of the movie we saw at your grandpa's where the two leads get together." He holds my hands, "You enjoy it. I'll let you know if I come up with anything." I put my hand on his chest and continue walking back outside, I look back at him and accidentally bump into someone, they immediately dip me, it was the main character, Tanner? "Hey get your hands off my girl," Brady walks over to us, but he saw the other main character, Lela? Falling off the stage, "Whoa, whoa!" He runs over to her and catches her, 

And now I'm
Falling for ya, falling for ya
I know I shouldn't but I
I just can't stop myself from
Falling for ya, falling for ya
Can't hold on any longer
And now I'm falling for ya
I give the guy an awkward smile, "Brady!" I was close to crying, I didn't want another person to touch me but him, "You saved my life," I saw him preoccupied with Lela, "Not really. I mean the stage is, like, 2 feet up. Or as Nat would say 60 centimetres. The worst you would've done is broken a nail." He chuckles, "I guess I literally fell for you huh?" She boops his nose, "Nice of you to drop in." Tanner says in a low voice, "Um, sorry, I, I, didn't see you. Don't flatter yourself," I whisper the last part, "Now that you do, do you like what you see?" He smiles and you could see the trademark sparkle on his teeth, "Sure, ah, it's really nice to meet you. Um... Brady!" I stand back up on my own, I saw him still with Lela, I pursed my lips into a line and I trudged over to an empty bar stool and fiddled with a straw in a bottle of soft drink. "Hey, what's up Babe?" I heard Brady's voice, "You finally done with Miss Main-Character?" I don't look up at him, "Are you jealous?" He grins, "Not the time Brady. You know how I feel when other people who aren't you touch me. I dunno," I stand up from the stool, "Hey, hey! Nat, look I'm sorry okay? I promise it wasn't on purpose," He hugs me tight and we dance for the remainder of the song, my back pressed up against his chest, "I'm sorry okay?" He sways, "Also the mannequin with six rows of teeth just asked me out," I hum, his mood completely changed, he let go of me and began walking over to Tanner, "Don't worry. I'll never accept him," I pulled him back, "For once I just want to dance," I rested my head on his chest, "And I never thought those words would leave your lips," He grins and closes his eyes. Once the music ended we look around, "Bunny, something's not right." Brady looks around, "We could write a list of things that aren't right," I giggled, "No seriously, look around, nothing's happening. It's almost, it's almost dull." He says, I look up, "And?" I was confused, "Okay, so when Lela sings that song about finding the perfect boy and being happy," Brady starts, "See, that's exactly my point. Why does she need a boy to be happy?" I interrupt him, "Uh, because it's 1962. I'm hurt, don't I make you happy?" He strokes my arm, "Well a lot of things make me happy, don't flatter yourself," I grin, "Well the thing is after she sings that song, it's Tanner who's supposed to catch her as he's walking by." Brady narrates the story, "Okay, what happens right after he catches her?" I ask, "They fall instantly in love, but are pulled apart, and a full-on dance war breaks out." Brady explains, "It's almost like nobody knows exactly what to do next." I look around and I get a realisation, "Oh..." I run out dragging Brady after me.

"Lela and Tanner were supposed to fall into each other's arms, find love, and then are pulled apart by a turf war? That's how the movie's written?" Brady and I were outside discussing about our major mess-up, "But instead, they fell into our arms and now they're into us," Brady finishes, "And there's no turf war?" I look at him, "Right," He nods, "So we changed the movie..." I muttered, "We changed the movie." Brady looks at me, "We changed the movie!" I freak out, "Yeah!" Brady nods, "Well, do you think it will affect anything?" I ask, "It affected who they fell for. Who knows what else it could affect?" Brady shrugs, "Okay, okay. Brady, you said that there's a storm at the end of the movie that we can ride out of here on." I bend down and grab his arms, he sat backwards on a chair, "Yeah. Three days after they meet." He nods, I clear my throat and pull him up with me, "I'm gonna ask you something, even though I know, and I know you know, I don't wanna know. Is there anything that happens in the next three days that could somehow affect that storm?" I fiddle with the rope tying the v-neck, his collar and I pet his chest, his eyes widen and he runs off, dragging me after him, "See! I didn't wanna know!" I groan. "If you're looking for this to make sense you're on the wrong beach." We were running along the beach, "I'm looking to see if Les Camembert is building his diabolical weather machine." He pants, "How often do you hear that sentence?" I shake my head, "Remember? I told you about the maniacal real estate developer," Brady keeps running, "Or that one," I breathe out, "Les Camembert knows this beach-front property will be gold someday, so he tells Big Momma to sell it to him so he can build an over-priced resort. She says no." Brady fills me in, "Of course she does, or there would be no movie. Also, what dumbass wants to build on sand? It's asking to be eroded away, besides it'd cost a fortune just to get the foundations stable to build on," I look at him, "Someone's paying attention in Geography." He grins, "It gets better. Let's just stop right here." He holds me, both of us were panting, we look up and saw a lighting strike come out from the lighthouse, "No way. That's the Camembert hideout. Come on, let's go," He starts running off, I groan and run after him.

"This is it!" We got to the foot of the lighthouse, "How do we get in?" I hold on the large handles, Brady raises an eyebrow, he lifts up the doormat and picks up the key, "Boom." He smirks, I giggle and roll my eyes. "You know, I've dreamed of a scheme like this ever since I was a mere lad. Conning my school fellows out of their lunch money. Lunch." We heard a voice, "How about take-out?" I hear someone else, "That's him." Brady puts his head on my shoulder, "He's all British and proper, but he's from Pittsburgh," Brady stifles a chuckle and sprays spit everywhere, "Wait. Who's that with him? And what are they building? Also, ew, keep your mouth juice to yourself," I wipe my hand on his shirt, "What do you mean ew? We share mouth juice all the time," He grins, "Brady!" I whisper hiss and slap his chest, "Desperate to get Big Momma's, Les Camembert hires a mad scientist, Dr. Fusion to carry out his diabolical idea. Come on, come on." Brady brings me with him to another peephole, "What is that?" I saw a machine, "Les Camembert's diabolical weather altering machine." Brady gasps in awe, "Yes, yes, yes. Manual? This thing's almost built, shouldn't you be off-book?" Les Camembert looks at Dr. Fusion as he throws the manual behind him, "This machine will so drastically change the weather patterns, it will literally still the oceans, so there's no longer surf. It'll create humidity so dense it'll rust every piece of those shiny chrome machines. The Surfers will leave to find a new spot to surf, the Bikers won't come near this area ever again, and I shall triumph! Triumph, I say!" He coughs, "You will have the last laugh!" Dr. Fusion had a nasally voice, "Yes, well I've always been rather wary of the last laugh. I mean what is it was only moderately funny?" Both of them start laughing in turn, "And this thing never won an Oscar..." I slowly nod and walk back to the entrance, "B-Babe, wait. In the movie Lela and Tanner discover Les' plan, they unite the Surfers and the Bikers, and destroy the machine, which ends in an explosion. That's what creates the storm." Brady clasps out hands together, "So if Lela and Tanner don't get back together, which would put the movie back on track the way it's supposed to play out," I piece it together, "Then the chain of events that create that storm won't happen." Brady continues, "And we'll be stuck here and never get home." I purse my lips together and try to walk off, "Don't worry. We'll figure it out." Brady hugs me tight and kisses my lips.