Chapter 7

"Are we there yet?" Brady was taking me somewhere, he put a blindfold over my eyes, "We're not doing that blindfolded surfing thing again are we? Cause that didn't exactly end up being one of your better ideas." I shudder, "I'm never doing that with you ever again, first of all, that buoy has no business being there, second of all, no, we're not going surfing and third of all, you got a fin chop off that, you think I have the guts to put you through that again?" He kisses my head, "Okay, do you recognise it?" He asks, "No. I still have my blindfold on doofus," I slap his arm, "No?" He was confused, "Unless it's the grassy clearing in Dolphin's Cove, right by the lifeguard tower which happens to be the exact spot we met six months ago to this day." I bounce, "To this minute actually." He puts his head on my shoulder, "At the beginning of what's turned out to be the most bodacious summer of my life. Even the part when we got trapped in a 1960s beach movie," He took my blindfold off, I giggle, he motions his head to make me turn around, "Brady, it's beautiful." I saw he set up two fold-out chairs, a projector and lights and lanterns strung everywhere, "I had to do something cool for our meet-iversary." He smiles and shrugs, "It all happened right here. You were walking on the beach, I sat there watching Wet Side Story on my tablet." He points, "And I thought 'Who is the surfer dude with the shiny, platinum blond hair' and you said..." I ran my finger through his hair, "And I said 'Wanna watch the awesomest movie ever made?'," He leads me into my chair, "And I said 'I don't think awesomest is a real word', and if it was, that movie's definitely not it." I sat down, "Then I said, 'Check it out with me. If you don't have a good time, I'll buy you a mango smoothie. Either way, you win' and...?" He sits down and leans over, "And I do love mangoes." I smiles and kissed him, "You did all this for me?" I look around, "I'd swim to China for you. Or Hawaii. Whatever's that way. I have no idea what's that way." He looks off to the South end, "You ready?" He smiles, I nod, he turns on the projector. We saw Tanner and Lela projected on the white sheet, "In a way, it's almost bad it's almost all over." He says, "Sad to say our time's come to an end. But it's just goodbye until we do it all again~" Lela and Tanner sang, "A one, two, three, four..." Seacat shouts and the beat sped up, "Five six, seven, eight!" Brady shouts, I laugh. 

Crazy how we got this chemistry
Crashing like a wave of energy
Have you heard, it's a fact
Opposites attract
Some cats like that vroom, vroom need for speed
And some dogs like that chill, chill ocean breeze
But in the sun, it's a party
You and me and everybody

Brady opens up a box like he was proposing and he brought out a necklace, "You're really just showering me with jewellery aren't you?" I leant over and kissed him, he grabbed my hand and kissed my promise ring that appeared back when we went back to our world.

It's been the best summer ever
Wheels and waves, surf and shades
Best summer ever
Rocking every night and day
Like shakes and fries, wet and dry
It all adds up to feel like
The best summer ever, yeah
Best summer ever

You's the gas that makes my motor run, yeah
And you might be the bubble to my gum
Who'd have thought we could ever rev it when we get together?

It's been the best summer ever
Wheels and waves, surf and shades
Best summer ever
Rocking every night and day
Like shakes and fries, wet and dry
It all adds up to feel like
The best summer ever, yeah
Best summer ever

Both of us sang and danced in our chairs, "Best Summer ever." We both looked at each other.

Thought it's cool to own the beach alone
But it's harder, electric when we're close
Guess it's true, life's not a solo ride
Just dive in, the sparks are gonna fly
(One, two, three, four)

We both stood in front of the projection, "Sparks are gonna fly!" I sing, Brady hugs me from behind, we danced around and sat back in our chairs.

We can't stop singing cause the surf's up
It's meant to be, it's meant to be
I'm falling for you cause you're surf crazy

"Just like me?" I look at Brady, "Just like me," He grins back at me
We're cruising (yeah), cruising (yeah)
Cruising for a, yeah

Bike or board, grab your gear
And meet you right back here next year

We'll have the best summer ever
Wheels and waves, surf and shades
The best summer ever
Rocking every night and day
Like shakes and fries, wet and dry
It all adds up to feel like
The best summer ever, yeah
Best summer ever

Bye-bye
So long
Toodle-oo
Later, gator
Sayonara
Hasta lasagna
Hasta luego
Aloha, shalom, au revoir, ciao
Best summer ever!