chapter twelve - evlewt retpahc

Excuse me if this chapter makes no sense. I’m seeing blurs right now.

++I’ll edit later btw this is super crappy ugh++

His house made Buckingham Palace look like a dollhouse.  It would have taken us at least three weeks to cover Lord Death’s thirty floored, glass walled, steel staircased monstrosity.  Once we reached his office, Isaac wasted no time in admiring the prized possessions hanging.   

Meanwhile, Lord Death’s red chair was arched back, holding onto every word as I explained to him about the demon leakings and the Cold Blood invasion at the Eagles.  Grim stayed obediently by my side, arms behind him.

His hard stare kept my hairs prickling up, the gaze a natural chill maker. I attempted to be casual under this matter but I knew he could feel my nervousness.  “…and Isaac is turning into the Purge, thus transforming me into a human,” I concluded. 

“Hm.” He paused a second longer and then glanced down. He flipped through his previously open booklet and said, “A witch is visiting tomorrow to work on the piping.  She can switch back the demon souls and the human DNA, placing you and Isaac back to normal. However—“ He leaned closer, bringing Grim and I a smidge forward.  “These demon leakings are getting serious.” A splash of sincerity landed on his face. “And I’m glad you have warned me about the Cold Bloods.  They cannot get onto the mainland or else a war would start. I will arrange a team; a plan will be announced tomorrow.”  Although he sounded collected, I could sense the anxiety strumming his nerves.  “The Cold Bloods should be stopped immediately.”

Grim and I respectively nodded.

A wince travelled across the room and we glimpsed to see Isaac hopping on the spot, clutching his toe.  A goblin head was rolling to a stop beside him, it’s frozen face of laughter nearly causing me to shiver. 

“We should keep him somewhere safe.  Where the other demons won’t attack him.”  Lord Death stood up, but Grim stepped forward in protest. 

“No, no. I’ll escort him. It is the least I can do for intruding on such short notice.” 

Lord Death shook his head and waved Grim off.  “Nonsense.  I will take care of the boy. You and your girlfriend—”

“We’re not dating!” I loudly cut. 

Ignoring me, he finished, “can rest in the west chambers.”

I flinched.  “Isaac is my human. I should be the only one telling him what to do—”

“Hatter. That is all. You are dismissed.” 

Infuriated, I clenched my fists and stormed out of the office.  I was busting down the echoing hallway, the tall ceilings not helping congest this steaming anger.  “Such a bossy pants…why doesn’t he—he—he just jump off a bridge or something!” 

“You sound like my neighbor’s teenage daughter,” said an amused voice.

I caught Grim matching my long strides, clearly fine with this arrangement. My blood began to boil.  “What-ever!”  

He nearly doubled over. “Do you need some tampax for that attitude?”

I quickened my steps with a huff. “Shut up!” 

“Are you on your menstrual cycle?” He wiggled his blond brows. “Or on demon terms, are you on your monstrous cycle?” 

“How ‘bout I shove a monstrous tampax down your throat!”

“That’d be a bloody mess!” 

“Just…just…just go die!” 

“I think you’re ovary-acting.”