Chapter 3 (2/2)

Kei.

She then immediately closes the door shut making a loud thud while at it. I can tell that she seems quite exhausted due to the fact that she's breathing heavily although I don't quite understand why.

"I saw that the elevator door on the 4th floor was going to open right when I took the stairs to get to your room, so I was in a rush to immediately open your door to get in. Otherwise, it would really be bad if I was caught outside your door. That's why you didn't hear any emergency knocks." Kei said while holding her hand to her chest to calm herself down.

"It's impossible to keep this relationship forever"

"I know that, but..."

I put Kei's shoes in the shoe closet. Then locked the front door as a precaution, and even used the U-shaped lock for extra measures. Although it may be strange to use it during the evening, it's better than letting people enter the room carelessly and seeing me with Kei.

If the worst-case scenario does happen, I can just come up with an excuse.

While Kei was still panting and trying to gain her composure. I went up to her and embraced her.

"EHHH WHAT ARE YOU DOING !!?!"
Kei said being surprised at the sudden hug I'm giving her.

"I heard somewhere on a study that a 30-second hug can help calm someone down, and help them energize too." 

While this may be true, I also did it for another reason. Ever since Amasawa interrupted our indoor date before, it was harder for Kei to take down her invisible wall. Although the previous indoor dates after that incident improved the atmosphere between the two of us, that invisible wall was still there. I still want Kei to remove those walls herself since it'll be more effective for her growth. I just wanted to give a small push to her so she can do it.

After seeing that Kei still looked shaken from it. I let go of her thinking it was counterproductive.

She immediately grabbed my wrist, while still looking beet red said

"I... I didn't tell y-ou to stop! ... did I?" 

Understanding what she meant, I started to hug her again. This time with her hugging me back now too. 

After what felt like a long time of hugging, I felt that we should stop. I tried to make eye contact with her to make sure it was ok to let go, but she averted her gaze from me. After a short while, she finally stopped and we made eye contact with each other. The light atmosphere from before we hugged was now a heavy one. We both agreed to slowly let go of each other via eye contact and since we were still at the front of the door inside. Even though we let go of each other, the heavy atmosphere was still there. 

Trying to lighten up the weight of the atmosphere. I told her to get her old textbooks out on the table so others will only think that this is a study session. Kei remained frozen for a short while then immediately got red after realizing the situation. She immediately went to the table and started to empty her bag on it. While seeing her unpack her bag. 

I asked Kei "What would you like to drink?"

"You should let make the drink for you instead, your left hand is still injured from that incident"

"It's alright, it should be fully healed within 4 more days, ju-"

before I could finish my sentence. Kei interrupted and said

"You should really let me worry about you, I'm Kiyotaka's girlfriend after all! I should be worried about you more than I normally am!!"

Seeing that Kei seemed mad and persistent on the matter, I shall surrender myself to better understand the pleasures of love and a woman's heart.