Chapter 24, Negotiations

*Theodore's POV*

It had been two days since I talked to Sereen. I was currently staying at Chris' house while Sereen was talking to her boss. I didn't know who the leader of the Order was. I didn't know anything about them. But I was determined to talk to them. To finally start working towards peace. I was laying on the couch, reading a book. Chris had headed out, to where I didn't know. I decided not to ask questions, I wanted to stay as passive as possible. I don't want to lose the trust I currently have with them, if there is any at all.

The door opened and I looked up from my book. Chris came in, but he wasn't alone. Sereen walked in too. I stood up.

"Our leader is ready to meet you." she said as she met my eyes.

I nodded and gulped. "Ok. Where are they?"

Sereen glanced at Chris, "Follow us."

I nodded and followed.

We made our way through the forest next to Silvercliff. I smiled softly. I remembered following Lydia out here a couple of weeks after started military training. The night we got attacked by bandits.

It was dark outside, and I had considered they were just luring me out here to kill me. I hoped they wouldn't.

Sereen and Chris stopped next to the giant tree, the heart of the forest. Sereen gulped and looked at Chris. "We're really doing this huh?" she asked him.

Chris smiled and nodded. Then turned to me. "Our leader will speak to you up there." he pointed to the top of the tree.

I frowned. "Uh... ok? H-how do we get up there?"

"You climb of course. What else did you expect?" Chris said with a smirk.

My eyes widened. "All the way up there? That tree is at least 200ft!"

Sereen busted out laughing. "Sweetheart stop teasing the poor guy. Chris will take us up there." she looked at me.

I sighed in relief before looking confused again. "How?"

Chris grinned. "I suppose I haven't formally introduced myself." He stood proud. "My name is Chris Barnes, the Axe Monster. I have the gift of transformation."

I listened to his words, not really understanding what they meant.

Chris then started to transform, he started shifting, changing, until Chris was gone, and a giant hawk stood in his place. It was black, and if not for his grey eyes, you wouldn't know it was Chris. "That's cool..." I muttered which made Sereen chuckle.

Chris mentioned for us to get on and we did as told. It was slightly weird getting onto a bird's back that you knew was actually Chris. Sereen had been slightly hesitant because of her fear of heights.

Chris flew us up to the top. I was amazed. Sereen nudged me. "Lydia says Chris' gift is the best one next to hers."

I smiled. "She has flying right?" I asked as we landed on top of the tree.

"Ooooh don't let Lydia know you said that. It's leaping not flying." A feminine voice I had never heard before spoke.

I looked to the side and saw a young woman. She had shoulder length light brown hair and green eyes. She was of normal height and her eyes were twinkling with mirth.

Sereen got of Chris, I followed. "Theodore, this is Anna." She introduced me.

I extended my hand but was engulfed into a hug before I realized. "It's so nice to meet you! I've been watching you from afar for so long it was starting to get boring."