Chapter 34, Bloodbath

*Lydia's POV*

I leapt in one go all the way to Raebershire, as I flew over it, I could see the massive army waiting outside. They were trying to get through the old official entrance. Back when Raebershire was still a military base, there was an entrance in Dragondell. This one was later sealed shut, but now the army was trying to break it open. I gulped and jumped to one of the secret entrances only a select few in the order knew about. Just Alex, Edith, Lawrence and I knew of it.

It wasn't blocked off as expected and I entered quickly. When I reached the hallway, I saw hundreds of people evacuating. Holding their children and a few belongings as they fearfully made their way through the hallway. I ran towards the main hall, where the army would first breach if they broke through the sealed wall.

I met Sereen halfway. "Lydia! Thank the goddess!"

I nodded and got straight to the point, "Status update?"

"We've blocked all entrances. The evacuation is going smoothly, Lawrence is leading them, and most members of the Order are with them. Chris is going around the kingdom warning any member that might be in danger." Sereen stated.

I almost couldn't ask, "Alex?" I managed to breathe out.

"In the main hall. He's planning on pulling another Immortal Dragon."

I gulped, "Continue the evacuation. I'm going to help Alex."

Sereen nodded and then opened the bag she was carrying. "You'll need this."

My Crystal Bow.

I grinned and grabbed it, "Stay safe." I told her.

"You too."

With that I was gone. I ran through the people, some called for me, but I had to keep going. I told everyone else to keep evacuating as I walked through the mass.

I reached the village first, it was already completely empty, and the only a couple of members of the order were there to erase the signs of where everyone went. They would go into the hallways and make sure it looked like no one had been there so the secret hideout wouldn't be reached. They would also go and blow up random caverns so the army had no way of following.

When I reached the main hall, Alex was standing in the middle of the room facing the main entrance. It had been caved in, one of our defense mechanisms. It would take the army outside a lot longer to break through, and since that was the only real entrance to Raebershire big enough for an army to break through, we knew that is which entrance they'd be using. They probably caved in the other secret entrances though.

Alex was holding his claymore in front of him and his posture radiated power.

"Alex!" I yelled and Alex turned his head to me.

His posture relaxed slightly, and he smiled, "Thank the goddess you're alright."

I smiled back, "I don't get caught."

He nodded, "Good. I need you to help with the evacuation as I hold everyone off." He said as he faced the door again.

"The evacuation is going smoothly. Sereen said they didn't need any more help. I'll back you up." I made sure my words wouldn't allow arguments.

Alex sighed, "You're a stubborn one. Just like your father."

I smiled, "Which one of the two?"

Alex froze and his eyes met mine. Many emotions swept in his brown eyes. Disbelief, pain, longing, affection, pride, and then love, "Both." He said with a confident smile and he faced the door again. People could be heard on the other side. They were close.