007

august 28th, 2019
9:41 pm

ERIC BELLINGER PLAYED FROM THE speaker located in the corner of Kylah's bedroom, closer to the dresser on the left side of the eternal Valentine's Day-decorated bedroom, complete with alternating hung-up pink and red decorations to offset the stil...

ERIC BELLINGER PLAYED FROM THE speaker located in the corner of Kylah's bedroom, closer to the dresser on the left side of the eternal Valentine's Day-decorated bedroom, complete with alternating hung-up pink and red decorations to offset the still unpainted white walls. The only source of light in the room was the baby pink and heart-shaped fairy lights hung from directly over her bed.

The aforementioned girl lay upside down on top of the thick black and white floral comforter, her headscarf tied up box braids hanging off the edge while her various pillows and stuffed animals were moved to the side so that she could rest her sock-covered feet on the headboard.

As she hummed along to the song, starting to bop her head right and left to the beat while Kylah began to sort through the stack of collegiate athletic offer letters she had received. The one she held in her hand currently was still unopened and the remainder was resting on her toned and exposed abdomen.

Kylah ripped open the latest envelope to free the letter and then let out an excited squeak. A bright blue and gold embossed heading greeted her and she let out another squeak and pressed the letter to her chest. With her free hand, Kylah managed to grip the cell phone by her left ear and then pressed the pause button to the music.

"Hey, BJ," Kylah cheered the second that the boy answered, "Guess what?"

"Hey. I got a question." Brandon's voice filled her right eardrum and even from across the country, Kylah could tell that something was annoying him.

"What's up?" Kylah replied in a cautious tone, her previous excitement now almost completely faded away.

"Why I got people telling me that you're hanging out with that dumb ass ex of yours?"

Kylah tucked her lips in and pulled the phone away for a second, sighed, and then put it back to her ear in preparation for what he was going to say, "Ion know what you talking about."

"Ya not a good liar so stop lying. I haven't even been gone a full month and you're messing with this pencil-looking nigga?" Brandon started, his voice echoing through Kylah's room. She rested the crook of her elbow on her forehead, waiting for the inevitable lecture.

"You are the last person on this earth to call anyone a pencil, you toothpick-looking muthafucker," Kylah responded with a giggle.

"Oh, haha. I know you not talking with your smurf-looking ass," Brandon responded in a sarcastic tone, "He's a bum, Ky."

Kylah shook, "How'd you even find out?"