009

september 2nd, 2019
7:02 am

KYLAH GOT OUT OF HER car and immediately headed inside to the hallway that held Nyree's locker

KYLAH GOT OUT OF HER car and immediately headed inside to the hallway that held Nyree's locker. Nyree was smiling up at a boy on the basketball team, her shoulder pressed against the metal when Kylah gripped her best friend's arm and pulled her along without a single word.

"Um?" The boy questioned, holding his hands up in a confused manner.

"I need to talk to her. Give us a minute," Kylah called back to the boy then pulled Nyree down the hall to look for Cameron.

"Where are we going?" Nyree asked as she struggled to keep up with Kylah's speed. Kylah didn't answer as she searched for her other friend, finally finding her near the principal's office at a vending machine, taking the lid off of a Snapple bottle.

"Come on," Kylah grabbed Cameron's elbow, pulled both girls into a nearby empty classroom, and locked the door behind her.

"What the hell?" Cameron asked, "My Snapple!"

"I need to tell y'all something," Kylah stood by the door, her hand still on the knob, "Please sit."

The two girls glanced warily at each other and then back to Kylah before sitting at a pair of desks adjacent to each other.

"Yes?" Cameron pressed, "What is so important that you felt the need to drag me away from my iced tea?"

Kylah pushed her braids away from her face, "Friday night, when Sharife drove me home, I almost kissed him."

Nyree and Cameron straightened their posture and looked at each other then back at Kylah.

"Almost? Why didn't you?" Nyree questioned.

"Because he's with Destiny!" Kylah gave Nyree a wary look, already

"Talking is not dating or being with someone, bitch. If you want him, you better snatch him up." Nyree replied, flipping her curly hair behind her shoulders.

"Okay, sure but if she finds out it's gonna be mad drama on the team." Kylah pointed out, "Even if they're not together, it's clear she likes him."

"Ky, you run that team. Ion know if you realize it, but everyone looks to you, even Destiny's annoying ass," Cameron pointed out, "You're captain for a reason."

"I'm captain because I work hard not because-." Kylah started to say when Nyree let out an exaggerated scoff.

"Please stop. She's right. I'm like a hundred percent sure that if you told her to fuck off, everyone would back you. I'm not even on the damn team and even I know that." Nyree crossed her legs as she spoke, "But back to Sharife."