Chapter 22

My teeth sink in deep.

It's not gentle, either. A savage bite that makes him inhale sharply, either from the pain or the surprise, but likely a combination of both.

Killian groans, and for a moment, I think it may be in pain. But then his hands release my wrists, and one loops around my lower back, and the other winding into my hair, keeping my head in place.

And I realize faintly that he's groaning in pleasure.

The taste of his blood sends my wolf into a frenzy, no doubt realizing that I'm biting into a powerful wolf. Since I broke my mating bond, my wolf has been lonely, depressed. But with my teeth in Killian's neck, it's excited. Happy.

A voice in the back of my head tells me that I need to stop, immediately, but it feels good to have my canines locked in his flesh. Despite my weakened state, I feel better.

Killian's grip on me tightens as he takes ragged breaths, his chest rumbling in delight. My arms wrap around his neck, and my claws descend, and I'm sure that they're drawing blood as they dig into his back.

"Fuck, Katrina," Killian exhales, pulling me so close to him I can feel his heartbeat against mine.

I snap out of it.

I rip my teeth out of his neck, and immediately unwrap my arms from around him.

I push him away.

"Oh my god," I whisper, covering my mouth in horror.

Killian stares back at me in complete shock.

The mark from my bite is still in his neck.

It'll heal, obviously. Mating claims can only be made by the male, and for the first time, I'm glad that Selene wasn't just a raging goddess bitch, she was a sexist raging goddess bitch.

But that doesn't make my action less mortifying. Biting another wolf is the most intimate thing our kind can do. Even sex means less than biting someone.

You just don't bite someone who isn't your mate. Doing that without someone's consent could literally get you killed.

And I just bit the Alpha of Crimson Shadow.

"Katrina..." Killian says, his voice strangled, and it seems like even he is all out of sarcastic comments after my assault.

"Get out," I say frantically, my heart racing.

Killian's mouth drops. "What?"

"Leave. You have to leave," I plead desperately.

Oh my god, I just bit Killian. Killian.

"You just bit me," Killian says in shock. "And now you want me to leave?"

"It was an accident," I say, my words coming out so fast they're completely mushed together.

"It wasn't an accident, Katrina!" Killian yells, running a hand through his hair in distress. "You bit me on my claiming spot! That's not an accident!"

He's mad, and rightfully so. I literally committed the worst crime against him. He would be completely within the Law to kill me where I stand.

"It was an accident," I repeat, and for some reason, I start freaking crying.

Killian calmly sits on the side of the bed, staring at me intensely. "Katrina, why would you do that?"

Oh my god, my Sight was wrong. I'm not dying in three months. I'm going to die now.