Sunglass At Night

Face It Tiger This Is Your Shot!

You winced at the sudden break in the music and looked up from your notebook. On the paper was a sketch of a faceless woman holding a child. A bit weird, but it was so detailed that it almost looked like an actual picture. Art was a small hobby you had picked up on your down time as....yeah. You get the idea.

You were sitting the high-school gym for Midtown High. Your old school. Yep. Graduated and now a college student. Life is.......you were hungry a lot. As for the music....

Em Jay: No! Wait! No! It's-It's just not right! Auuuugh!

Always a dear, that one. This was Em Jay Watson. Lead singer and rhythm guitar for the Mary Janes. Also a total perfectionist when it came to her band.

Glory: Come on, Em Jay. We need to move through this. Flash is gonna kick us out any minute now.

Glory Grant. Now this one was actually a dear. She was always so level headed when it came to stuff like this. She was more like the mother of the group as well as the keyboardist. That's a word, right?

Betty: Ooo. Flash Thompson. Dem shorty shorts.

This is Betty Brant. Brant, Grant, someone got lazy. She was the bass player for the Mary Janes and fellow meme enthusiast. Out of all of them, she was probably the one you got along with the most. The power of memes baby! You even went to prom with her.

Em Jay: Alright, I got it. I frickin' got. It. Pick it up...pick it up where we dropped it.

Your eyes fell on the final member of the Mary Janes. Gwen Stacy. The drummer and your adopted siblinh. Well, you were the adopted one but still. Though you were both raised as brother and sister, it never felt like it. You knew your family but even then, the two of you were best friends.

At least, at one time you were. Things became a bit stained after what happened with Peter. She really kept to herself more and you were always out being Spider-Man. Yeah you wish you were still close, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Hell, the only real reason you were here right now was because Betty and Em Jay insisted on it.

Gwen sighed and hit her sticks together. 1. 2. 1 2 3 go.

The girls started playing again while you returned to your drawing. The music was more or less background noise as you worked on your sketch. See, there was another reason for drawing.

You couldn't explain it, but you saw things differently than others. Even before the spider bite. It was like things slowed down when you actually stopped and thought about things. Your mind raced over a million miles and your were always aware.

You had found a way to work on new designs for your suit by drawing unrelated things. Lines overlapped each other and crossed and just like that, you had a new pattern and design. Even for your web shooters and formulas to create stronger webbing. Everyone saw the woman, you saw the plan.

You had no idea why it was like this, but you weren't complaining. It helped.

Suddenly, the music stopped again. They had reached the end of their song. The drums didn't stop, though. You looked over your shoulder and saw that Gwen was still banging on the drums like a mad man which caused everyone to look at her. Your F/C beanie rode up a bit as you turned your head to get a better look at Gwen.

She was really going at it. Poor drums.

Betty: Yo, Stacy!

She kept drumming.