Chapter 22

So, the next day Amiyah woke up to the smell of bacon. She stretched her body and got up. First used the bathroom, then she went downstairs. She found Lamar standing in the kitchen cooking.

Amiyah walked up to him and leaned him down to her level to kiss him. She gave him and he kissed back.

"Good morning", she said.

"Morning. How did you sleep?", Lamar asked.

"Good...did you even sleep at all?", Amiyah asked.

"What you mean?", Lamar said.

"Well I went to sleep at 12 a.m. last night and you were still downstairs", Amiyah said. "It's 7:30 now and I doubt I felt you in the bed"

Lamar didn't say anything.

"If this is about your dad then you should talk about it", Amiyah said. "You do know you can share things with me right?"

"...I just...I despise that man...yet I feel like I'm becoming him", he said.

Amiyah continued to listen.

"I can tell you always had motivation around you growing but me? I didn't have that. It was always about how I wasn't good enough. My mom...she tired to get my dad to cut it out but he would um...", Lamar began to change up what he was saying. "She just couldn't, because he wouldn't let her so she just stopped all together. Daren he was a good brother but we were opposites. He was "popular" and I was...lame. It's enough that people at school used to bully me, but to have those words "you're not good enough" come out of your own dad's mouth...it just makes you think you are", he said as he looked Amiyah. "But then I met you and you made me feel good about myself"

Amiyah smiled. "Well, you're good enough to me", she said.

"And ever since I have been...thinking about you everyday and I know that well...the whole sneaking into your home and setting up cam-"

Amiyah stopped him. "That's the past", she said when her hand up and her eyes closed.

Lamar looked down. "I just wanted you in some type of way...so bad", he said.

Amiyah looked up at him. "...what about your last girlfriend?", Amiyah said. "Did she...did she really commit suicide?"

"Yes", Lamar said.

Amiyah nods as she looks to the side.

"She reminded me of you before she passed. I thought that I'd never get you so I believed that she was the...second best", Lamar said. "May she Rest In Peace"

Amiyah looked at him.

"I love you", he said.

"...I love you too", Amiyah replied before kissing him. "What's for breakfast?"

"Waffles, bacon and eggs. I know you like your strawberries, so you can get some out the fridge", he said.

"You know me so well", she said as she walked to the fridge.

Lamar shook his head and smiled a little.

Amiyah didn't really wanna think about how things started between them because she didn't want to even think about that side of him. She was just feeling more comfortable and open with him again.