Chapter 1

JESS//  Comment and vote if you enjoyed this chapter :) it'll really help me out.

Also how hot is The Weeknd's new song for 50 shades of grey :3c It's to the side. I love it.

____________

Chapter 1

I loved my job, I really did. It give me this alternate identity that I could shape into whatever I want. I was known as an eccentric fortune teller and boy, did that have its perks. I could go out lathered in body glitter, not shower for days, wear torn up clothes or my bikini if I really wanted to and nobody would judge me. In fact, it actually kind of made me more respected.

In my line of work, the weirder you seemed, the better the reputation you'd receive and man did I milk the crap of that.

As I took a bite from my onion bagel I looked down at my outfit and had a quick chuckle. My ash blonde hair had been in dreadlocks for the past week with various coloured wooden beads and feathers matted into it. I had tied half of it up in a bun at the back of my head with the rest of it reaching just above my waist.

My makeup today involved a bold, black winged eyeliner, forest green lipstick and thick false eyelashes that reached up to my eyebrows, casting a shadow on my blue eyes and angular cheekbones. I had decided on a more tamed down outfit, well... in comparison to my usual choice of clothing anyway. I had on a black sheer chiffon maxi skirt with matching black hot pants underneath it. On top of that I was wearing a cropped white tank top with tassels dangling down to my bellybutton and a paisley print kimono that reached my ankles. Since it seemed like such a basic outfit for me I had gone crazy with accessories. I had colourful handmade woven bracelets that were stacked with various charm bracelets, cuffs and bangles on both of my arms. My fingers were full of chunky silver rings that I had picked up from various second hand stalls and my neck was clustered in chokers, and beaded necklaces that flowed down my chest like a waterfall.

I looked ridiculous and I totally loved it!

When I was done with my bagel I gulped back my coffee, quickly washed my mug and grabbed my messenger bag before heading off for another day of work.

I examined the tarot cards laid out in front of me, putting on a big show as I squinted and raised my eyebrows.

The client in front of me squirmed in her seat as she waited anxiously for my reading, brushing away a single strand of mouse brown hair that had escaped her neat ponytail.

"You've taken a big emotional risk recently- maybe with a relationship" I said slowly, lowering my voice and tilting my head to the side. "It's had a drastic impact on your life, you look happy but..." I chewed my lip, gazing intently at her at if I was in deep thought.

"But what?" she whispered, her eyes widening.

God I loved my job.

"At the same time you seem to be holding back... something is making you hesitate."

"What is? I'm not hesitating..."

I lifted a finger to silence her, "something will happen soon, to increase your doubts. The cards are telling me..." I paused for a few minutes "your doubts aren't justified. You need to instead trust yourself. The 2 of Wands-" I pointed at the card "- shows your own power. Control your life by facing your fears."