Chapter 58

Keyona POV (Wedding Day)

Today is the day I have been waiting for. Today is the day that I start a new life, with a new identity. Today is the day where I become not Keyona Martinez but Keyona De Luca. Today is the day where I marry the only man I have ever love and will continue to love.

We have been through a lot and I'm glad we did. Because I wouldn't be myself if we didn't. I wouldn't be able to learn how to be stronger than I was. I would of laughed in your face if you told me three years ago that I would be marrying a Mafia Leader and would be the happiest I have ever been.

Sitting here as Nova finished up zipping up my wedding dress. As I looked at myself, I couldn't recognize myself. My dress was a long, spaghetti-strap, ball gown wedding dressed. It lifted my boobs and tighten just above my waist. The layers of sheer hung down with a trail. I ran my hands over the bottom of my dress as I started to feel nervous.

I was really getting married. Was this too early? No, because I chose the day. It was New Years and I was stressed over a wedding that I wanted and I was happy to marry a man I loved, but why do I feel nervous.

"I don't think I can do this? What if he isn't there waiting? What if he thinks he making a big mistake?" I whispered and watched Nova smile, "Keyona calm down, It's just wedding jitters. Daunte is probably as nervous as you." She said and I started to feel my chest tighten. I started to feel like I couldn't breath. I felt the room closing in on me.

"Keyona, breath." She repeated this and I couldn't hear her. "Keyona. Hold on, I'm getting your dad." She said, I didn't even know she left because soon I was being hugged and I looked up and seen my father smiling at me.

"Papa." I hugged him and he held me tight as he rubbed my back. "Princess, what's wrong?" He asked, I pulled away and look at him, "I don't know. I'm nervous. What if we get married and he thinks he made a mistake? What if he wakes up one day and sees that this isn't what he wants? What if he leaves me because he doesn't love me anymore and meets someone new? I'm scared not only he will leave me but I won't be able to see y'all as much. I already don't and it's so hard." I kept going on and on about reasons for Daunte to leave me.

"Keyona, stop it." He said and I looked up at him as he hands me a tissue, "Your going to ruin your make-up, Princess. Now I'm going to tell you that you have nothing to worry about. Daunte loves you and only you. He puts you before anything. Let me you something, when he came and asked for my blessing, I didn't want to give it to him. I didn't want to give you away but I knew I couldn't shelter you from the world of men, even though I wanted to. But meeting Daunte and seeing how much he loves and cares for you, I knew he was the right person to give you away too. I knew it's scary because you will go off and be married and have your own baby's but that doesn't mean you won't still be my baby. You won't lose us and if you want us to move here to be closer, all you have to do is say that. Ryker and Aydin already don't want to leave you anymore. They love it here. But Keyona, you have to understand that we aren't going anywhere. Daunte is not going anywhere . That man loves you, even though I disliked him after what happened to you, but I moved on from that. I seen him protect you and Princess, that man begged me to marry you. I promise you, he ain't making no mistake." He smiled at me and kissed my forehead, "Now fix your make-up and smiled, because your future husband is already at the alter waiting for you and me, to give you to him."

"Thanks Papa." I kissed his cheek, stood up and went to fix my make-up. My mascara and eyeliner was running down my cheeks. I quickly wiped it off, fixed it and stood. A few minutes later after some more breathing, my father walked in. He smiled at me with tears in her eyes, "You look so beautiful, Princess."

"Thank you, Papa." I whispered. He ran his hand over his face as to try and wipe the tears away. He walked over to the mannequin that had my dress on it and grabbed my veil. I had my hair in pinned up curly bun with a few curly strands. He clipped my veil on and smiled at me.