3. DREAM AND LONG LIFE

A true story by Elie Molly*

(A note from the death anniversary of Yasser Arafat at the embassy of Palestine in Beijing, China.)

Beijing, 10 November 2019

NOBODY knows how long they will live on earth. Some people have a dream to live until 100 years. Some have reached it. 100 is still a realistic number. However, there is a group of people who dream to live until 1000 years!

Who are they?

Those who fear death. Those who love this worldly life too much that is obsessed to be the master of the planet. They do anything to get what they want, no matter it harms others. Manipulating, harming, killing is no problem as long as their desires are fulfilled.

It is easy to recognize them from daily deeds. Breaking promises, betraying trusts, lying, and creating hoax here and there are their main characters. Debating is a hobby to get self-pride, not to find the truth. They lower and hate anyone who is outside their group.

Around a century ago, this kind of people lived in Europe. They were good at building an economy, but their bad characters made it difficult to be accepted by society. They were hated in Europe. Thus, they dream of having their own land.

First, they considered Australia to migrate, but they didn't find any tie of history there. Then they looked at a country called The Blessed Land. They remembered that 3000 years ago, their ancestors lived there, "So let's go there, we will be accepted."

These people then migrated from Europe to The Blessed Land. The huge migration was at the peak at the time of World War 2 because they were afraid to be killed. The Blessed Land became so crowded, full of these Jewish refugees.

The citizens of the land accepted them as brothers from ancient history, but their kindness was mistakenly viewed as a weakness. These refugees built a new ambition: to steal the land of the people who have helped them. "Let's attack the citizens so we can be the new landlords." Sounds ungrateful? Yes, it is their character that has made them rejected all over Europe in the first place, isn't it?

These refugees become a settled colonialist and call themselves as Israel. They attacked the blessed land of Palestine. They bombed and killed countless innocent people, women and children. Countries in the world do nothing. Muslim countries are too weak to help because they are busy dealing with their own conflicts.

The Blessed Land should be defended alone. But that's okay. One is not a lonely number; it is a strong number. As His Excellency Ambassador of Palestine said last week in Beijing:

"China doesn't have to fight with us. Accepting us as a lawful nation, giving our youths a chance to study here is enough. Let us fight alone by ourselves. The only thing we can do is just stay in our land, defend ourselves from terrorists, and work hard to build our economy. Their weapons are fire guns and bombs, but ours is different: it is patience and time. This is a part of our history. We believe someday we will be free and the refugees will return to where they came from."

My tears fell down on my cheek. In a society where there are too many people here and there begging for help and attention, hearing such a selfless speech made my heart so touched. Palestinians today are suffering but their names will live long in the hearts of the next generation. Just like China, Indonesia, and other independent countries. We are peaceful because our ancestors struggled for us. Someday the children of Palestine will also enjoy freedom like we are enjoying now. Inshaa Allah.

The world is changing, the superpower who supports colonialism is not going to be super forever. Just like there is a sky above the sky, there is also a power above power. And the greatest of all is the power of Allah, the only God to depend on, the best hearer of miserable wishes, the most generous answerer of dreams.

*Elie Molly, author of the book "Dare To Dream

to know more about her books, visit: https://eliemolly.wixsite.com/website