21

a week had passed since the incident and kyungmi was starting to feel slightly better.

jeno cared for her endlessly, even taking days off work to make sure she was alright. he felt guilty for not stopping the situation before it even happened and kyungmi had to tell him it was fine constantly and that it wasn't his fault.

the two were laying in their bed, sunhi sleeping in the crib. they cuddled as they watched the tv. jeno's arms were wrapped around her waist and put his leg over her, basically spooning her. kyungmi had their hands intertwined and smiled, enjoying the position they were in.

"hey, mi." jeno said, earning her attention.

"what's up?" she asked him as she turned her body around to face him. she looked up at his face and admired his features. jeno felt a blush creep up his cheeks.

it had now been approximately two months since the two became soulmates and everything was going great. the two treated each other well and understood each other.

"i'm really happy you're my soulmate." he said and kyungmi smiled softly.

"i am too." she said and cupped his face, pulling him in and placing a soft kiss on his lips, to which he happily returned. as the two released, jeno stared into her eyes and she did the same.

"kyungmi, i l-" jeno was cut off by the sounds of loud banging on his door.

jeno groaned as he got up, walking to the front door and opening it to reveal 6 boys.

"get fucking ready cause we're going out! tell kyungmi to get ready too as well as our niece." jaemin said proudly as jeno held a confused look.

"where are we going?" jeno asked, clearly never aware of the plans they made.

"the mall. seems like the only suitable place for a group like us and a baby to go." he said and jeno nodded.

"i guess just wait on the couch. we'll be down in a few minutes." the group made their way to the couch and lazily slumped over it. jeno smiled at them and made his way to his room, telling kyungmi their new plans for the day.

kyungmi happily agreed to go and she got kyungmi dressed before getting herself dressed. she wore some mom jeans and a turtleneck followed by a jacket due to knowingly cold weather.

jeno got himself into some black jeans and a turtleneck as well, then wearing a coat. sunhi laid there wearing a long sleeve onesie with sweatpants over them. kyungmi put a coat on sunhi and placed her in the carrier.

the three made their way downstairs to see a smiling group of boys. jaemin immediately rushed over to sunhi and started cooing at her now awakening state. as soon as sunhi laid eyes on jaemin, she happily squealed at him.

"i think it's safe to say that i'm her favorite uncle." jaemin said as he tickled her in the carrier.

"as if! im her favorite sorry." chenle said and pushed jaemin to the side to be able to play with the baby as well.

"i think you all forgot that it's me." another butted in followed by another and another. eventually, all 6 boys began bickering as to who sunhi's favorite uncle was. sunhi laid there, smiling and giggling at them all. jeno and kyungmi looked at each other and laughed at how competitive they were.

"can we go now?" jeno said as he stopped laughing. the group stopped bickering and nodded at him, all talking about how excited they were.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"they're such a great group of friends." a boy sighed happily as he watched them all become
excited for a trip to the mall as a group.

"i'm happy to see kyungmi happy."