chapter thirteen

Tyra looked away from the television and her eyes gleamed with joy as she looked at Daniel

Tyra looked away from the television and her eyes gleamed with joy as she looked at Daniel. He had just gotten home from work and he made a stop at the florist, but this time he got a red rose.

"I was thinking since we didn't get to go out the other night, why not now?" He held up the rose and waited for a response, he prayed that she would say yes. "Will you accept this rose?" He added, hoping that his efforts were good enough.

Tyra covered her mouth and laughed softly. "Oh, you're so sweet," She murmured shyly and nodded. "Yes, I will," She answered.

Daniel almost fist pumped, but he didn't want to ruin the calm mood, so he handed her the rose. "I've got a babysitter coming in forty-five minutes, I wanted to give you some time to get ready," He explained. "I'm glad you said yes," He took her hand.

She smiled and sniffed the rose. "You've given me no reason to say otherwise," She noted. "I'll go get ready," She looked at him once more, smiled, and then walked out.

Daniel watched as she walked away, and once she was in her bedroom, he shook his fists in the air triumphantly. "I'm so blessed," He murmured and wiped his brow.

He was relieved but happy more than anything. Part of him was convinced that she had only said 'yes,' the first time because she didn't want to hurt his feelings, but that wasn't the case and he was over the moon.

He looked at the time and groaned. He had an hour to get showered, dressed, and still have time with his children before he had to leave. It was crunch time for sure.

-

The babysitter, Angela, waved goodbye to Daniel and Tyra as they walked towards the door, but Daniel wasn't quite ready to leave his children with her

"Make sure that neither of them has sweets two hours before bedtime. They're rambunctious and I wouldn't want that to be a problem for you," He advised the girl and kissed each child on their head.

"Be good," He told them firmly and took Tyra's hand, and walked out the door.

Once they got in the car, Tyra giggled.