chapter fifteen

Stressed out

Stressed out. Aggravated. Deprived.

Daniel was at work and he wanted to ask his boss how he ended up being such an idiot.

Just as before, he was asked to head another project, only somehow his boss ended up losing the file and the scroll that Daniel had given him. Thanks to that loss, Daniel had to stay at the office until two am, which meant not only did he not get to see his kids, but he missed spending time with Tyra.

It wouldn't have been such a problem had he not seen her on the couch when he got home. It pissed him off and made his heart happy. His dumb boss ruined his night.

The only redeemable thing about last night was getting to carry Tyra to bed. He didn't want her waking up with cramps due to sleeping on the couch, so he took her to bed and he loved it.

Though he missed talking to her, he still had a moment with her.

So now after getting four hours of sleep, Daniel was working on the finishing touches for the previous project he was working on.

He was almost done, but he couldn't go home once he was finished. Nope, he had a meeting at two pm and he was dreading it.

"I'm not even going to say it, I'm just coming in!" Kentrell announced as he walked into Daniel's office with his usual radiance of joy.

Ryan followed, but he didn't say anything, he just sat down.

Daniel wanted to push Kentrell out of his office, his excitement was too much for him at the moment.

"I've got something for you," Kentrell sang and pulled a cup of coffee from behind his back, and sat down next to Ryan. "Enjoy it, you look like you need it," He muttered and handed Daniel the coffee, which he took gratefully.

The room was filled with the sound of Daniel slurping down the coffee. He was so thankful for his loud, yet thoughtful friend.

He finished the coffee and set the cup down. "I can't thank you enough for that," He sighed and closed his laptop. "I only had four hours of sleep," He groaned and Kentrell tsked.

"Dang, you got finished late." Kentrell shook his head. "Did you at least get to see Tyra?" He asked.

Ryan leaned in. "Yeah, if so did you happen to take any pictures of or with her? I'm asking for a friend," He asked and Daniel narrowed his eyes at him.

"Shut up, tool. And yes, but no. She was asleep on the couch when I got home, but I did carry her to bed," Daniel explained. "I wanted to talk to her and just be with her, but I'll accept what I got," He shrugged.

Kentrell sighed. "Have you had an opportunity to talk to her since the date?" He asked eagerly. He loved seeing the fruit of his labor.

"Yeah, we did. Two days ago we talked, it was great and she's getting really comfortable with me. I kissed her cheek a few times too," He reminisced happily. "Something happened though," He said.