Chapter 13

Third Person POV

Delbert and Amelia sit still in the longboat with their hands tied behind their backs. "All my life, I dreamed of an adventure like this," Delbert sighs. "I'm just sorry I couldn't have been more helpful to you."

Amelia shakes her head with a sigh, "Oh, don't be daft. You've been very helpful. Truly."

"I feel like such a useless weakling," Delbert brings his hands to his forehead, the rope around his wrist falling off, "... with abnormally thin wrists." He quickly hides his wrists behind his back, then gains the attention of Grewnge. "Excuse me, brutish pirate," he calls. "Yes, you. I have a question! Is it that your body is too massive for you teeny-tiny head, or is it that your head is too teeny-tiny for your big, fat body!" Grewnge snarls and steps over the seat, grabbing Delbert's collar. "I pummel you good!" he growls with an accent.

"Yes, I'm sure you will, but before you do I have one more question," Delbert states, grabbing a pistol from behind him and pointing it at Grewnge's stomach with a smirk. "Is this yours?"

~~~

Y/N's POV

The engines of the ship splutter, but it manages to raise into the sky. "Yes!" Jim exclaims. "Morph, Y/N, we are so out of here!"

"It's about time," I say with a smile.

"Ah! Jimbo, Y/N!" we hear a voice behind us say. I turn around in shock to see Silver approaching us. "Aren't yous the seventh wonders of the universe?" Jim grabs a cutlass from off the ground and points it at Silver. "Get back!" he demands.

"Jim," I breathe out. As much as I despised Silver, he didn't deserve to die. Really, no one did. Silver looks down at the cutlass, his eyes narrowed and his eyebrows furrowed. The look on his face was truly terrifying. "I like you lads," he says simply, "but I've come too far to let you two stand between me and the treasure." He slowly approaches us once again. I pull out a dagger and place it out in front of me. It might've been small, but it was better than nothing. Me and Jim's eyes widen when we see that Silver was still moving toward us. All of a sudden, a beam hits the side of the ship, tossing us over. "AH-!" I scream. Jim manages to grab a hold of the side of the ship in time, but I don't. I tumble backwards and hit my back against a pile of metal, but then I feel Jim grab my hand. (A/N: Altered this scene to make things, once again, spicy >:).) "I-If you let go of me, I'm blaming you for my death," I stutter with a laugh. "Literally."

"If you let go of me, I'm blaming you for mine," Jim says, his smile faltering.

"Heh, that doesn't even make any sense." I look over his shoulder to see the treasure falling into the fire down below. I gulp and look up into Jim's beautiful blue eyes. "Jim, go get the treasure. Your mother and the Benbow Inn matter more than I do," I say, tears streaming from my eyes. I can feel my heart tightening by the second. Was I really willing to say goodbye to Jim? I love you so much, Jim. You mean so much to me, but please, let me go. As much as I hate saying this, we have to say goodbye. That's what I want to say to him. But the words are stuck at the back of my throat. "I am not letting you go," Jim growls, but then his expression softens with a sigh. "Y/N... why do I need that treasure when the only treasure I need has been here with me my entire life? You are my treasure, Y/N... I love you more than words can say. Don't you dare give up on me now."

Before I can open my mouth to speak, Jim starts slipping. He falls, but grabs onto the side of the metal piece. The only thing I was now holding onto was his hand. I look down, and see that the lava was much closer to me than it was before. "U-Uh, Jim, I take back what I said about letting me go- please don't let me go!" I shriek.