Christmas Special!

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- Author's Note

Surprise! Since Christmas is arriving very, very soon, I thought it'd be a good idea to write a Christmas chapter. I also changed the POV, since I think that using 'You' instead of 'I' makes a bit more sense; I hope you don't mind! For those who prefer 'I' over 'You', I'm very sorry :(

I was going to publish this chapter sometime around next week, but I just reached 1k reads, so as a celebration, why not publish it now?

Now, let's get on with the story!

═════════════════

Your POV

You and Jim have been together for almost 9 years now, and he's 24, while you're 23. You've been noticing recently, however, that Jim has been spending less time around you. Each morning for the last week that he's been getting out of bed earlier, and making up excuses to not see you. You hate to admit that you have been getting a bit suspicious, but you trust Jim with your entire heart... or do you? You've been becoming more stressed out about the situation, to the point where Delbert, Amelia, B.E.N, and Sarah have noticed.

You're in the main room of the Benbow Inn, helping Amelia, Delbert and their children set up the Christmas tree. You were supposed to decorate it at the start of December, but it never came to mind. Now here you are, decorating it on Christmas Eve. Each Christmas, you and Jim would do it together, but he isn't there at the moment. You sigh sadly, as you place a bauble at the bottom of the tree. Once you all finish setting up the tree, you sit down on the couch with a frown. "This is the first time that Jim has missed out on setting up the tree," you breathe out. "How could he possibly be so busy that he can't spend time with his family?" All of a sudden, you feel tears streaming down your face. The worst thing you've been thinking of is that Jim is possibly cheating on you, but you know that he'd never do that to you. Would he? Amelia rubs your back soothingly, and mutters to herself. "That stupid boy has no clue what he's doing."

"What? Do you know what he's doing?" you look up at her, your sadness being replaced with anger. "Everyone seems to know what he's been up to, but why don't I? Why is everyone keeping secrets from me!?" You get up and wipe your eyes, running off into you and Jim's bedroom. You flop onto the bed and cling onto the blankets, smelling Jim's scent. You feel so distant from him, even when he's right next to you. Every little thing reminds you of him. Your ears prick up as soon as you hear the door open, and then Jim's voice. "Where's Y/N?" he asks.

"She's in her bedroom. Honestly, Jim, you need to tell her soon. She's been stressed out and upset because you've been distancing yourself from her! Get yourself together, Jim, before you end up hurting someone," you hear Delbert scold. You don't hear what Jim replies with, but next think you know, he's opened the door of your bedroom. You look up from the pillow as he closes the door softly. "Hey, dear," he whispers. He sits down beside you. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, definitely," you say sarcastically. "I've never felt better!"

"Y/N... I know you've been feeling upset, but it's not what you're probably thinking it is, trust me," he says calmly.

"Why should I? You've been avoiding me for a week now, and barely talking to me. You even missed setting up the tree!" you feel as if the tears are about to flood back. "What is so important that you can't tell me?"

"I know, I know. And I'm so, so sorry for making you feel like I'm neglecting you. Hey, how about I make it up to you?" Jim suggests. You look at him quizzically. "Meet me outside the inn tomorrow at 6:45 in the evening; I have something I'd like to show you." You wipe your eyes.

"Fine. It better be good," you sigh. He kisses your forehead gently, before getting up and exiting the room. You feel a bit better, but now you're curious as to what Jim is going to show you tomorrow.

~~~

"Is this blindfold necessary?" you ask with a sigh. It was 6:50pm, and Jim had been holding your hand and leading you to a mystery location for 5 minutes now. "Yes, it is. Now be patient!" Jim replies.

"I'm pretty sure that this is how people die in movies," you scoff. Jim doesn't reply, but snickers. A few more minutes past, then Jim helps you sit down. The ground feels cotton-y, so you assume that you're sitting on a picnic blanket. "Ready?" he questions.

"I guess so," you answer. He takes the blindfold off, and you gasp at what you see. The sun is setting, and the water in front of you is crashing softly against the sand, then retreating backward. The stars are slowly appearing, and it's a gorgeous scene. Candles are sitting on a blanket, and the scent seems to be F/S [Favourite scent]. Rose petals are scattered around the picnic blanket, and your favourite song is softly playing in the background. Everything seems to be so strategically placed, that it finally occurs to you that this is why Jim has been so busy. "So uh... this is what I've been doing while I've been gone," Jim chuckles awkwardly.

"Oh, Jim, I'm so sorry for accusing you-" you begin to say, choking back tears.

"No, I understand," Jim interrupts you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you into a hug. "I love you so much, Y/N. Merry Christmas, my love."

"I love you so much too," you sigh, smiling after a long time. "Merry Christmas." You and Jim sit on the picnic blanket in silence, your head resting on his shoulder, and his head resting on your head. His arm is around your waist, his other hand leaning on the ground. You both stay in that position for a few minutes, before Jim shuffles around and grabs your hands in his. "Y/N, there's something that I really need to tell you, and I've had it on my chest for a while now," he breathes out.

"Oh, what is it?" you ask, looking up into his beautiful, blue eyes. Was he going to say what he thought he was going to say? "We've been together for years now, and I've loved you so much during those years. But now, my love has reached its breaking point. Whenever I look at you, my heart flutters. The way your eyes shine whenever you're happy, or feeling any positive emotion just makes me melt. Whenever you smile, I feel intoxicated. Every little thing about you makes me breathless.

"I know we've had hard times, but every single time, we've overcome it. This makes me believe that no matter what happens, we'll make it through together. So, what I'm asking is will... will you marry me, Y/N L/N?"

You cover your mouth with your hands, and chuckle as a few tears roll down your cheeks. You love Jim more than words can say, and you can't help but feel as if this is a dream. "Is- Is this for real?" you ask with a laugh.

"It certainly is," Jim smiles.

"Guess what, Jim Pleiades Hawkins?" you smirk.

"What?" he wonders aloud, tilting his head. Without a second thought, you throw your arms around Jim and kiss him passionately. You rest your forehead on this, and whisper, "I will marry you." He beams and kisses you everywhere; on the cheeks, on the forehead, on your nose, on your chin, and then he kisses you on the mouth numerous times. You turn your head as you hear a SNAP! come from a nearby bush, to see Amelia, Sarah, B.E.N and Delbert with his camera. You chuckle and shake your head. "So this is what you guys were keeping from me?" you ask.

"Yeah... sorry Y/N, we really wanted to tell you," B.E.N grins.

"You have no idea how many times that this imbecile was about to spill the secret," Amelia scoffs, punching Delbert in the shoulder.

"I couldn't help it!" Delbert protests. Amelia kisses Delbert on the cheek, before getting up and beckoning the others to follow her. I smile, silently thanking her for leaving Jim and I alone. "So, my beautiful fiancée, how do you feel?" Jim quizzes with a smile.

"I feel like I'm flying," you reply truthfully. "I love you so much, Jim."

"I love you so much as well," he breathes. He kisses you softly, and wraps his arms around you. He pulls you into a warm hug, and you both lay there for a while. "Hey, Y/N," Jim suddenly whispers after a few minutes.

"Mhm?" you hum.

"I'll always be here for you." 

═════════════════

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- Author's Note

Sorry for the terrible ending! I had no idea how else to end this off. Now, I was wondering if you guys wanted a part 2 of this? I honestly don't mind writing one more chapter.

As always, thank you so much for reading! :)