~Chapter- 21~

Life

Life....always puts you in an unexpected situation. You think your life is going in a certain way and it happens in a way which you have never imagined. Maybe that's why it's called life. For outside world I am a successful businessman and I had a very easy and luxurious life. If only they knew how wrong they are. It's true I had a very comfortable life with loving parents and amazing friends but then it happened. In a very unexpected way. I thought after that I am never going to recover. I thought that the only purpose of my life is to seek revenge of what happened to one of the most important person in my life. But then, Adira came into my life.

My eyes settled on the warm body of my wife snuggled upto me. Her face so peaceful, her lips parted as her chest rise and fall in steady breaths. I never in my wildest dreams expected for someone like her to come into my life. Someone so pure into my tainted life. It was so unexpected because I never saw myself married and happy. I never planned for it. It just happened. The moment I saw her I sensed trouble. Maybe I didn't realise it at the moment that this angel beside me is going to come and snatch my heart away. And now I cannot live without her. I can't even imagine how my life will be without her. The thought of losing her is enough to create havoc in my mind and heart.

I wish I can tell her.......about me, about .......but I just can't find the words. In a way I am scared that she will think I am a monster. Look at that! Arjun Dixit who makes even big influential people to bow before him is scared of his little wife. I chuckle to myself thinking that.

Maybe it's for the best for her to not know about it for now? Till I figure out a way to tell her. For now my only aim is to find him and make that bastard suffer--- my train of thoughts broke by a soft hand caressing my jaw.

I look at my beautiful angel to find her looking up at me with sleepy eyes, a small smile adorning her luscious pink lips.

"Good morning" she said in a lazy tone looking so adorable with her bed look.

"Good morning babygirl" I said leaning down capturing her lips with mine and taking my morning treat from her.

"When did you wake up?" She asked sitting up and covering her body with the blanket.

"A few minutes before" I said pulling her closer to me and pushing the blanket away.

"Arjun stop! We did it ..... I don't even remember how many times last night. It's 8 in the morning so let's get up now" she said swatting my hands away making me frown.

"But babygirl you know I can't keep my hands off you and it's practically impossible for me to not touch you and bury myself inside you especially when your warm, naked body is snuggled up to me" I said smirking at her wide-eyed, flushed face.

"You dirty man!" She shouted throwing a pillow at me making me laugh out loud.

"Okay fine let's get up but we are showering together" I stated and scooped her up in my arms before she starts protesting taking her to the bathroom. Let's just say we had an eventful shower.

After getting ready we came down for breakfast.

"It's good you both came down. I'll go prepare breakfast." Mom said getting up from her place.

"Uh-uh I call dibs on the breakfast Ma. I am going to make the breakfast and you three sit down and talk" Adira said running to the kitchen before Mom making us all laugh at her antics.

"It feels so good to have Adira here beta. She brings light into this house and our lives."
Mom said smiling widely.

"She sure does" I said smiling to myself.

"Aww look at our son Sharmila. I have never thought I'll see our workaholic son so in love" Dad said with a teasing grin winking at Mom.

"Well I learnt from the best Dad" I said winking back to him. It's true my parents are major love birds. 30 years and still they are so in love that sometimes they act like they are teenagers.

"Damn right you did" Dad said smugly making my Mom shake her head at our banter.

"Breakfast's ready!" We heard Adira shouting from the kitchen.

"Great! Now stop your banter and let's go have breakfast. Arjun you go call Abhay down" Mom said getting up going to the dining room with Dad.

After waking up Abhay, I was going down when my phone rang.
I looked at the caller ID to see it was Manav, the private investigator who is searching for him. I quickly answered the phone.

"Manav" I said in anticipation.

"He is in Mumbai" I froze hearing to it. He is here.

"When did he come?" I asked my voice growing darker and colder.

"He was spotted in Mumbai yesterday but he slipped from our grip. We are searching vigorously but Arjun be careful. Just as you are out for revenge even he is and now you have a wife who can be easily targeted to get to you. You have to be alert till we catch him"

My blood boiled at the thought of him getting to my wife. I will never let that happen. I will protect her from him even if I have to kill or die.

"That will never happen. I will protect her from that bastard. I am thinking of appointing more bodyguards. Send in some applications. And Manav find him fast. That bastard had too many free days. It's time for him to suffer" I said gritting my teeth clenching my jaw.

"I will don't worry. Take care and be careful" he said hanging up. I walked to dining room to see my family having breakfast and chatting happily. I looked at my wife whose presence is giving peace and happiness in my family's life, my life. I made a promise to myself looking at them. I will protect them at any cost. As long as I live nothing will happen to them.

Hi lovely readers! It feels so good to update the chapter. So guess what? My exams are over! Yay!! I was to update yesterday but as I said unexpected things happen in life like I have written in the chapter and couldn't.

I honestly don't know if today's update is up to the mark. Please do let me know how it is. It is a genuine request for you guys to vote and comment. I know silent readers don't like doing that but trust me it means a lot to me! Please do..

I won't promise but I will either update tomorrow or by day after tomorrow morning for sure.

Keep smiling guys:)