~Chapter- 28~

The hush in the air prevails as he comes and sits down infront of me

The hush in the air prevails as he comes and sits down infront of me. Almost a week has gone by since I saw him. He looked weak, his eyes are red and there are dark circles under his eyes. Looks like someone is not sleeping?!

I take him in as he sat down before me. I honestly don't know how I survived without talking to him this long. I know it's been just a few days but not talking to him is like holding my self, my thoughts, my emotions back and locking them on a mental prison. He......became the air I breathe that I don't think it's possible for me to stay away from him.

I just kept on looking at him who has his head down and wait for him to speak. But when I realised that he needs a kick start I speak up.

"How are you?" My voice came out soft, mixed with so many emotions.

He closes his eyes and inhale deeply as if he is taking a breath for the first time. He opened his eyes and in a flash he pulled me in a hug. We clung to each other so tightly feeling each other so close for the first time in so many days. I inhale his musky scent and instantly I feel home.

He pulls away and started peppering kisses all over my face all the while muttering "sorry" I just let him do that. I know he needs this. I know how his inner turmoil is killing him. I can say that much from the look on his face. Afterall I am his wife.

He finally stops after giving a long kiss to my forehead and says "I am sorry babygirl......I didn't mean one word I said to you that day. I was a jerk, an asshole please forgive me" he said looking at me with a lot of pain.

I smiled at him gently and cupped his cheek
"I forgave you long back Arjun. I was hurt and still am but I understood why you did that. I just wanted to tell you that you can take your time but you didn't listen and shouted. I forgive you but I certainly won't forget it because I never want you to repeat that. Sure fights can happen between us but that doesn't mean you can go on shouting when there is no fault of mine. You have to keep it under check" I explained to him in a soft yet firm tone. He held my hand in his and kissed my palm.

"I know and I am so sorry baby" he joined his forehead with mine and took a breath. He then looked me in the eye seriously and said "I think it's time we talk about the matter I have been dodging"

"Arjun we need not talk about it if you are not comfortable. I figured that it is much more bigger than what it seems. And I know how hard it is to share something which is very painful. You can take your time Arjun" I said squeezing his hand in assurance.

"No Adira I have to. It's high time. And I trust you babygirl. I want to tell you what.....my past is. It's just I guess........I am scared that you will hate me if you get to know how........what I did" he said looking away his face emotionless and cold yet I could sense his pain.

"Arjun I can never hate you. You are my Arjun. And let me be the judge of it" I said trying to reassure him.

He was silent for a few minutes before taking a deep breath and started...