Prologue

"oh, there are worse things than witches, hansel," Delinda said as she caressed the little boy's face while he stared up at her. "are you sure, mother?" the young boy asked as his father entered the room with his sister. "yes my boy. There says there are giant fire-breathing beasts, with armor-like tenfold shields, teeth are swords,  claws spears, the shock of their tail a thunderbolt, their wings a hurricane, and their breath death! Trust me, kid, you never want to meet these beasts," the father said, placing  Gretel in her bed.

"what are they called, father?" Gretel asked, her big doe eyes blinking up at their father. Derlina, their mother, smiled and stood up from hansel's bed, walking over to her husband. "there are none who knows, sweetie." with that, the two partners said goodnight to their children and turned off the light, going to bed. "shall we tell them bout her?" Andrew asked his wife as he turned to her in their bed, facing her. The woman sighed, her green eyes finding her husband's brown. "I believe when they're ready, honey. Also, I don't think she'll be pleased that we have told our children before they're ready." teh men nodded, evolving his wife in his strong arms. "no, you're right, dear. Let's sleep, hmm?" and so they did. But the world changed, and something would never be the same again.

♡──────♡

Here's the prologue; I hope you'll like it.

-saph