A hunger for crawling things

"Me and my sister -- we have a past. We almost died at the hands of a witch. But that past made us stronger. We'd gotten a taste of blood. Witch blood. And we haven't stopped since." —Hansel

────

Today you and the fellow witch hunters were at a bar again, celebrating another kill of a witch. You had started to get annoyed at their bar visits, so you often stayed home in your cave or was our flying. As for now, you were sitting beside Gretel when a young boy came over to you all. You sent him a warm smile as your eyes met, and he smiled back, a little uncertain. "Umm, excuse me, you are the witch hunters, right?" He asked and stopped at your table.

Both Gretel and Hansel answered yes. Hansel then glanced at you, and you shrugged. "I wouldn't say a hunter, kid. More a killer. But call it that if that's convenient for you," you said, leaning back on your chair. You all killed the witches, but sometimes you had to do most of the work, being a fire-breathing beast. The young boy then introduced himself and Ben and asked if you could sign something for him. Hansel was reluctant, but you and Gretel agreed, causing the male of your company to glare at you both.

Ben smiled and placed a pretty big book on the table. It was old, a sign that he had it long. You gasped a little, smiling. "Wow, that's good work you got a boy," you said and patted his arm, then looked through the book with Gretel. Ben chuckled nervously but thanked you. And so went this part of the evening talking with Ben. He was cute, kind, and a big fan of your work. He even said he wanted to become a witch hunter like you, but Hansel had to damp his spirit.

Suddenly when you were talking with Gretel and Ben, a man came rushing inside looking flushed and like he was ill. You frowned at him; then, a growl escaped your throat, and Gretel sent you a warning look. You sighed and sat up, feeling York's fangs coming forth and starting to taunt the sensitive flesh of your under lip. You didn't like this man at all. "She killed them all!" He shouts. "Killed who?" You said, standing up and walking up to the man.

♡────♡

Cliff hanger, sorry 😢

-Saph