Introduction

WELCOME to the Astania Book Club: Unicorn Guild!

Who are we?

We are a book club dedicated to getting your story more reads, constructive criticism, and all-around feedback. This is our structured club, designed for reading books that you are assigned every 2 weeks, and guarantees engagement. If that interests you, read on to see how we work!

If you are interested in something less structured, please check out our other book club, Phoenix Guild! There, you can choose which book, or books, you would like to read. You can be a member of both clubs simultaneously as well. Just make sure you can do your assignments on time!

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

RULES

1) You will be assigned a partner every 2 weeks. If you and your partner enjoy each other's books, you can request to become a (non-binding) permanent partnership. This can be broken off at any time, but for the duration of the partnership, you will be reading each other's books.

2) The reading requirement is 6 narrative chapters of your partner's story every 2 weeks with at least quality inline comments per chapter, plus an outline comment at the end of the chapter that is 100+ characters explaining what you liked and what you thought could be improved. Quality comments are thoughtful and insightful comments. Non-narrative chapters such as author's notes, character aesthetics, and content warnings do not count towards the chapter requirement.

3) We accept any genre but random and poetry. We welcome fanfiction, but we cannot guarantee anyone will understand your book and its source material. We do not accept stories that cover potentially sensitive or unethical subjects. Please see a list of examples below.

- Any stories that do not abide by Wattpad's Terms of Service and Content Guidelines.
- Glorification of unethical practices. This may include age gap relationships specifically between an adult and a minor (under 18 years old), non-consensual acts, stalking, sex trafficking/slavery, etc. Please note that for the majority of these, excluding age gap relationships between an adult and a minor, it is allowed to be demonstrated in your book as long as it is not in a positive light. However, please provide relevant trigger warnings.
- Any books written with the use of AI. This does not include smaller things such as outlines; rather, full sentences, paragraphs, or chapters written by AI.

4) You can enter up to 2 books, but you will need to do 2 times the regular assignments. For example, if you enter 2 books, you will have to read 12 chapters and leave 6 inline comments + 1 outline comment on each chapter. If you enter more than 1 book, please ensure you can complete your assignments on time.

5) The password to the form is your favorite type of magic.

6) Add this book to your private library. If you don't have it, you will miss important updates. Also, it is recommended to follow the community account (AstaniaCommunity) so you don't miss important updates announced on our message board.

7) Be kind to everyone. We're all here to have fun and help each other grow and improve. If someone makes you feel uncomfortable with their comments or in some other way, please let us know. We will take care of it.

8) OPTIONAL: It is strongly recommended you join the Discord server, but by no means required. This is for updates you may miss on Wattpad. Read on for more information!

New Members

Welcome! We hope you have a great time here, and we're happy you're here. To settle into the club, please fill out your form in the applicable chapter.

Hiatus

Sometimes, life gets in the way, and we need a break. Let the admins know in advance, and you'll be put on the hiatus list. Members will not read your book, but you will not have to complete your assignment for the duration of your hiatus, either. You can take up to one month for a break.

Probation

If you do not complete an assignment, you will be put on probation. Your book will not be available for others to read for credit until you complete the required reading. If you do not complete another assignment, you will be removed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

ASSIGNMENTS

Assignments run every two weeks (from the 1st to the 15th, then from the 16th to 30th/31st); there will be two assignment chapters per month (e.g. 1 and 2) to update assignments and add new members.

You must read at least 6 narrative chapters per assignment with at least 6 quality comments per chapter, plus the outline comment with requirements stated above

Reports must be submitted in the inline comments within 7 days of reading. This will make it easier for our admins to check. You'll have to submit your assignment before 11:59 pm EST. Chapters read before the assignment begins do not count for credit.

Partners

If you like a member's story, you can ask them to be your partner. Partnering with another member will ensure you're reading a book you enjoy leaving comments on.

To ask someone to partner with you, leave an inline comment in your section and politely tag them with your request! If someone refuses, please respect their decision.

Assignment Example

1. Daybreaker by Aptionia 
1. Nobody Like You by AziaElga 

Inline comments made on the above line:
I've read chapters 1-6 of Nobody Like You by @AziaElga
@AziaElga would you like to continue being partners?

Please make sure to tag the people you've partnered with, specify what chapters you read, and make sure to get your reports in on time. Reports done after the deadline will not count, unless there is a legitimate reason. To avoid this, tell us you can't do your assignment ahead of time.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

This information is subject to change, but we will update the club if it does.