8: The Past Haunts

Once finding Tatum at the grocery store, we headed over to the Macher Residence. Tatum and I pulled up to the house and got out the groceries and VHS tapes. Making our way inside, Tatum announced our presence, "the party's here!"

We carry bags through the house to the kitchen. Stu and some guys are leaning over the sink drinking beer from a funnel.

"Real mature." Tatum rolls her eyes setting down the bags. I do the same.

Stu whips around and grins big, "Where were you? We had to get started without you."

"Um, hello?" Tatum retorts back, gesturing at the food and drinks that we brought.

"Right, right." Stu responds sticking his tongue out, before getting hit in the forehead by a popcorn bag that was thrown by Tatum.

We move about the kitchen, preparing a junk food feast, as people come in and out. Randy appears amongst them. He notices the VHS tapes in one of the bags and then bringing out his own.

"I thought we'd make it a BLOCKBUSTER
night." Randy said, letting mine and his videos scatter the counter. Stu and Tatum dive in.

"I thought everything was checked out." Stu said, as he flipped through each tape.

"Hid them in the foreign section." He replied, looking all smug in my direction.

I flipped him off before looking at his stack of videos.

"Why the hell are all of these with Jamie Lee Curtis?" I question, raising a brow at Randy.

"Because, she's the Scream Queen. Duh." He said excitedly, jumping up and down.

"With her voice--she should be." Stu responded, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

Tatum facepalmed and looked at me, "boobs." I rolled my eyes in response.

We walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, some people were laying on the floor. Randy stood in front of the tv.

"Alright, Evil Deads?" He asks. Hands immediately raise. "What about Hellraiser?" Hands go up too.

"Pick, people! Pick!" He exclaimed, just as everyone began bickering with each other.

I stood up and walked next to Randy, and yelled, "Hey! Enough!" Everyone stopped and stared at me.

"How about we watch Halloween?" I suggest. Everyone agreed to it, just as the door bell rung.

Stu got up from the couch dragging Tatum with him, who looked at me to come with. I walked after them and out of the living room and into the hall.

"I'll get the door," Stu said, "get some more beers Tate. They're in the cooler in the garage."

Tatum rolled her eyes, "do I look like a beer wrench to you?"

I looked up the hallway just as the front door opened and in came Dewey Riley and Gale Weathers.

"Shit." I said, "Dewey and Gale are here." Tatum and Stu whipped their heads around to the front door.

"It's the chick from Inside Story!" Stu said, getting all excited, gaining attention of some of the party goers.

"Dewey? What is she doing here?" Tatum asked, marching up to her older brother.

Dewey shifted uncomfortably in front of his sister. Serves him right for bringing Weathers here.

"Well, she's with me. I wanted to check in on things." He responded, looking everywhere else but his sister.