Chapter Twenty-Six: What were the Promises?

I'll be trying a new type of chapter format! I think it would very fitting for this particular chapter.

There will be two songs attached to this chapter. When you come up to it and can play the song, start playing it and read the chapter along with the lyrics. You can also listen to the song first and familiarize yourself with the lyrics. The lyrics are important. You might have a fast reading speed and you will reach the next song part before the previous one finishes. At that, you can either wait for the song to finish or just stop it and move to the next one. I got the idea from Webtoons when they have songs available to be played as you read.

I hope you have fun!

Recap:

Dominic finally got his turn in the schedule Jordan made for Naomi's time, but only to figure out if he is Nicotine, leader of the Lost Boys, a gang that is stirring up trouble in the city. They went to a Korean BBQ Restaurant and bumped into Jae Seong, gang leader of the Blades Syndicates. Dominic and Naomi then broke into their old elementary school to talk about the past. Afterward, Naomi went back to the base to recollect herself only to find out that she wasn't alone.

On the skin of the Four Musketeers are two marks of ink to symbolize their solidarity amongst each other. The first is the fleur-de-lis, a brand once for criminals and now for royalty. The second is the letter M with a number at its upper corner: one for the captain on his index finger for the victories he led, two for the diplomat on his pinky for the promises he made, three for the strength on his middle finger for the cruelty he faced, and four for the smarts on her ring finger for the hope she manages to hold.

-

"I've been expecting you."

I froze at the sentence that hung in the air. Slowly turning towards the direction of the sound, I realized too late who it was.

There was a stifled snort until it turned into laughter. In their fit of laughter, a thud followed after as they fell off the couch.

"Y-You should've seen your face!" Jordan managed out through his cackling.

What is Jordan doing here? The guys told me that they all were busy to hang out today during my outing with Dominic- Bennett had to go to the main house again and Declan was going to babysit his sister. Did Jordan take advantage of the fact that no one was going to be in the base?

I went up to him, ignoring how hilarious he found this. "Are you ok?"

He stopped laughing and instead put the back of his hand against his forehead and wailed out, "Painnn. All I feel is pain. Oh, woe is me. Spain, but the 's' is silent."

I rolled my eyes. "Nice try, Jordan. You were laughing just a second ago."

Jordan sighed. "And here I was going to get some comfort points."

Holding my hand out to him, I said, "Here let me-"

Jordan took my hand and pulled himself up. But once he stood back on his own two feet, he slumped over me, having his arms draped over my shoulders and his chin resting against my right shoulder. My legs nearly buckled in his weight as I was forced to hold him up.

"Naomi," Jordan whined out like a child. "I'm bored. Amuse me."

I would like to say I know Jordan, so I think I can say that he's acting more Jordany than usual. The room was dark but moonlight managed to slip through the windows, illuminating the room. That was when I saw the array of bottles on the coffee table that weren't exactly coffee. There were different packs and a couple of larger bottles. With a hesitant sniff, I knew what was going on.