Q&A No.1

Warning: Spoilers!

This is my first Q&A and it's quite overdue because usually, it's for hitting a milestone. Well, the milestone is that I'm in a writer's block but I still want to give you something.

You'll have to note that I'm being a bit clever with your questions. I'm like a genie being nitpicky with the wording. You might try to be more specific next time but I won't answer repeat questions.

These questions will be divided into four topics: Myself, Writing, Other Books, Other, and TGGBB. If you weren't able to get a question in, try again in the next Q&A. I cut off adding more by the time I started to answer the questions. I hope you enjoy and see you in the next update!

I also made a separate work for this and any future Q&As I will make. The work is called "Solving a Cube".

Myself:

What's your gender? How old are you? What country are you residing in?

I was born on March 1, 2000 so as of right now I'm 20 years old. My pronouns are she/her/hers. I have been living in the US for most of my life but I wasn't born here. I'm in LA, SoCal baby!

What university do you go to? What is your major?

I'm currently a sophomore in UC Berkeley studying for my Bachelors in Civil Engineering.

How did you choose that major?

It's tempting to just copy and paste my college application here. As the eldest, I would have to make the Lego sets for my brother to play with leading me to enjoy building. My father is a mechanical engineer who travels for work so he would teach me how to technically/mechanically keep up the household. In high school, I joined Habitat for Humanity and the ACE (Architecture, Construction, and Engineering) Mentor Program that fueled my interest in civil engineering.

I'm set on joining the construction industry but I'm debating if I want to go into safety and health or environmental engineering after learning project management wasn't my thing from my previous internship. This summer I have an internship with a company as a safety intern so we'll see. I don't like sitting in one place with a desk job doing calculations and would rather go on site and see progress and things being applied- that's why I prefer industry over research. I find civil engineering to be a foundation of our society and I want to contribute to that.

If any of you are interested in civil engineering please comment about it- I'd love to talk more about it.

Some of you may be "confused" how a writer such as myself decided to go into a completely different major. Writing for a living would be fun but I was always a practical person and didn't want to risk being in a bad financial situation if things got tough. So I rather work in a good industry such as construction and write on the side. I also don't want to be graded for how I write and be told what to write. I would rather just spend my extra time writing what I want. But don't make my decision affect your own. If you noticed, the main characters are into the liberal arts so I can inspire you all: music, cooking, art, reading/writing.

How have you been doing lately during the quarantine?

I got several of these questions and I'm happy you asked me that. I'm doing well. I went back home, but I'll have to go back to school because of my internship. I don't really want to go, but it's an excellent company and internship position. All of my classes are online and are Pass/No Pass meaning if I get C- or above I pass, but I'm still quite stressed on the workload and finals coming up.