Todoroki's Unusual Discovery of Izuku

Todoroki was thankful for Aizawa-sensei for letting him have the tatami mats. He didn't feel comfortable with the floor he had in his dorm, considering that all his life, he had tatami mats. Now that they had to live at the dorms. 

He was heaving the last mat to his room when he heard a rustle. Quirking an eyebrow, he went towards the sound - to see a pink-haired girl with grease and a toolbox.

"Ah, you're that ice guy right?!" she yelled and Todoroki found himself hesitantly nodding. Was she just noticing him because he was Endeavor's son?

His thinking immediately stopped when he heard the girl say, "Can you help me find my babies?!"

Babies? He looked at the girl who was fiddling with some mechanisms on a nearby machine. Ah. So that must be what she was talking about.

Todoroki was about to answer no but the girl didn't give him any time to say it. He was dragged into the forest. 

---------------------------------------

He was searching for the girl's robots in the bushes. The girl's name was Hatsume Mei - the girl who had used Iida to showcase her machines - or as she put - 'babies'. 

After a few more minutes of searching, he finally stumbled across a robot. A robot who had no intention of getting caught.

"Dang it," he murmured under his breath and he started chasing after the robot. The sooner he caught it, the sooner he could return it to Hatsume. The sooner he returned it, the sooner he could put in his last tatami mat and go to sleep.

The machine went in all sorts of directions, like a panicked animal escaping capture. It was a rather odd sight, to see a guy chasing around a flying object no bigger than his hand. Todoroki would have been frowning at the unusual sight. He sighed. Now he was the unusual sight.

Just then, a bird darted at the machine and took off with it. Todoroki's eyes widened as he quickened his pace. He wouldn't let a bird beat him.

He wouldn't.

*****************************

The forest was quiet besides the leaves crunching under Izuku's feet. Asuka was perched on his shoulder and Mamoru was walking besides his feet. He had found several food sources in the past few days but hadn't found a water source. That was bad. So, he decided to go a bit farther from his base to see whether he could find anything or not.

His stomach growled and Izuku stopped. Putting down his bag, he took out some fruit and ate it quickly. Mamoru went stalking away but Izuku knew that he would be back. Mamoru always was.

Asuka seemed to have the same idea as the other two since he went flying away. Izuku hummed. He hadn't figured out what bird Asuka was yet, but he seemed to be a type of raptor. Asuka's feet were armed with eight, sharp talons and his beak became hooked. While he was thinking, Mamoru walked back with some blood speckling his teeth. 

See? Mamoru came back. 

Unlike his mother. Unlike his mother. Even if Kacchan was here, he'd try to convince Izuku to come back.

But coming back meant coming back to the adults. Coming back meant trusting the adults. And if there was something that Izuku knew - 

It was that you couldn't trust anyone.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Asuka shriek. Asuka burst through the leaves on the tree with a metal thing in his talons.

Asuka wasn't the only one that came.

---------------------------------------

Todoroki could feel his eyes widening. Sitting in front of him was a boy, probably the same age as him. Not just any boy though.

Green hair. Emerald eyes. Freckles on his cheeks.

Midoriya Izuku was sitting in front of him.

*****************************

A duo-colored haired teenager was standing there. He was chasing Asuka. Why?

Izuku spotted the metal object in Asuka's talons and mentally facepalmed himself. Of course the boy would chase Asuka. Asuka had his machine afterall.

The boy stepped forward and Izuku scurried back. Asuka hopped onto Izuku's shoulder and handed him the machine. Izuku threw it back at the boy, turned around, and ran.

*****************************

Todoroki looked down, caught the machine that was flung into his hands, and when he looked back up -

Midoriya Izuku was not there anymore.

He cursed and ran forward, in hopes of catching some glimpse of him. But he was out of luck.

Midoriya Izuku was long gone.