Chapter 6: late night conversations pt.2

*Y/n POV*
After Thomas left my room, I lied back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I was really tired, but now the only thing keeping me up were the butterflies in my stomach. For some reason, I couldn't keep Thomas out of my head, aside from the fact that he just left my room of course, but there was just something about him that made me drawn to him, almost like I'd known him forever.

But at the same time, there was Minho who I actually have known forever. I never really realized that I had feelings for him, and I'm still not completely sure if I do, but there's just something in me that's been feeling for him stronger than a friendship lately. I shouldn't feel the way that I do about Minho because he doesn't feel the same. But why would he want to kiss me if he didn't feel something for me?

But there's no point in even trying to figure out my confused feelings anyways, it's not like I'll be able to date either of them anyways, not with Alby constantly breathing down my neck. At that point, finally realizing the reality of the situation I was in, I just decided to go to sleep so I didn't have to think about it anymore.

*the next morning*
I did my usual morning routine before going to meet Minho by the maze doors. Just as we were about to leave, Thomas unexpectedly ran up to us.

"Thomas?" I asked. I was confused to see him considering Minho, frypan, Alby, Newt and I were normally the only ones up this early in the morning.

"What are you doing up this early greenie?" Minho asked.
"I saw you guys getting up and heading towards the maze and I was just gonna ask you if I could maybe run with you guys today. You know since I kinda wanted to be a runner." Thomas replied hopefully.

Minho just looked at him and laughed. Thomas' face fell in confusion.
"Listen greenie, you can't just 'be a runner' there's a lot of training involved, and the maze is an extremely dangerous place I don't think your ready for. Besides, you just got here yesterday. Maybe another time." Minho replied patting him on the shoulder as he started walking away.
Thomas looked at me and I just shrugged and gave him a sympathetic smile saying,
"Sorry Thomas. But like he said, maybe next time."
Thomas just looked down, defeated, and turned around, while I ran to catch up with Minho.

Along the way, Minho and I had been talking about Thomas wanting to become a runner, but for whatever reason, Minho was not changing his mind.

"Oh come on Minho just give the guy a chance. He seems like he really wants this."
"Y/n. He literally got here yesterday! How would he know?"
"I don't know but it doesn't hurt to just let him run one time in the maze. He could be really good and he seems passionate about it."

"No, you know what I think? I think he just wants the job because it happens to be the job of the only girl in the whole glade. He doesn't care about the job and he doesn't want the job, he just wants to be close to you." Minho said as he pointed sharply at me poking my forehead.

"That's not even true but whatever." I said pushing his hand. I looked down smiling slightly as I felt the butterflies coming back. 'Could Thomas have feelings for me? Ugh stop it y/n you just met him a day ago, get a grip!'

"Why are you smiling like that?" Minho asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Huh?"
"I said why are you smiling like that."
"Like what? What does that even mean?"

"I don't know you're just smiling...different than normal. Like...I don't know it just seemed like a different type of smile than your normal one, that's all." He said.
"Umm...ok whatever that means." I said brushing it off as I gave him a weird look.
But I already knew what he was talking about, I didn't think the smile looked different than normal, although it did feel different, but I guess I also haven't smiled about having a crush before so maybe those smiles are different. Weird.

Soon after that conversation ended, we stopped for lunch. We ate and talked, then cleaned up, and left to make our way back to the glade. And that's when everything went downhill.