Way too high.

Saturday 1:15 am

Saturday 1:15 am

Quietly, I grabbed my pre-rolled joint and a lighter. I threw on my black silk robe over my lounge outfit and slip back on my Ugg slides. As I walked down the stairs, I checked the time on my phone seeing how long it had been since I said 5 minutes.

I opened the front door to Key standing outside waiting for me playing with a loose loc. I smiled at him as I walked out. We went down the driveway, I noticed Jazzy's car wasn't parked there anymore.

Key opened the door to Jah Jah's house and I walked inside. He took my hand and we went upstairs. My heart started pounding when he touched me. He opened a door and lead me into what appeared to be his bedroom. Sitting down on the bed, he took out a weed tray and some papers. He packed the weed into the cone and he twisted it.

He looked up at me and silently held out the joint. I grabbed it and held out mine.

"You mind if I break it down and re-roll it?" He asked me.

"I don't mind," I told him as he took it from my hand.

I sat down on the couch across from his bed and watched as he did.

"Why do you re-roll it?" I finally asked, wondering the reason and breaking the silence.

"Cus the shops use cheap paper and they don't have them packed right." He explained to me. "Doing it this way, you can light it once and enjoy the high."

I nodded my head because once I heard the explanation, it made sense.

We went out on the balcony and sat down. The view was amazing. I never paid attention to the balcony at my own house because it was part of my mom's bedroom. I'd only go out there to water the plants.

"There goes ya friend and my dog ass cousin," Key said breaking me from my thoughts, pointing down at the alley behind our houses.

I looked off the balcony to see Jazlynn's Jeep parked. Rocking.

I guess she got her some.

I shook my head. "I hope she usin a condom wit that nigga." I said scrunching my face. "No offense."

Key burst into laughter, "He betta not bring no more kids to my auntie house, it's enough of them rugrats over there as it is."

I looked at him as he continued laughing. It didn't make any sense how good he looked sitting under the moonlight in his expensive-looking pajamas and slippers. Without his hoodie on I could finally see his locs in all their glory stopping below his shoulders.

"Where did you come from?" I asked quietly not realizing said it out loud until he stopped laughing and proceeded to spark the joint. I took that as my cue to do the same.

I pulled from the joint he'd given me. It hit so smooth. No cough, no uncomfortable throat burn. I gave him a nod of approval.

"Good shit right?" He flashed a smile then drew from the one I gave him. "This is good." He remarked holding it up.

"Yeah. Not bad at all."

We smoked under the moonlight in our suburban neighborhood that overlooked the hoods down below.

The joints were long gone but neither of us moved from the balcony. Once the weed kicked in, we sat there talking throwing ideas and theories of life back and forth like high niggas do. Neither of us seemed to care what time it was. We probably made no sense to anyone but us.

He offered me a blanket and I accepted. He laid the couch down then went inside to grab the cover. We sat Indian style facing each other while we continued our great debates.

My girls would be ashamed of me right now.