Chapter 9 - Diana

It has been weeks since I have been reborn and told of my destiny

It has been weeks since I have been reborn and told of my destiny. Her Magnificence instructed me of my mission to prove my worth: to infiltrate a university and recruit for potential Ygnesai, or veritable thralls to serve my queen alongside others and assist her with her great plans for the future of this world.

She had specifically ordered me to capture individuals with good strength but weak willpower. She told me that it was easier to convert a conflicted person over a resisting one.

I accepted the mission handed to me without question.

To begin with the first phase of my queen's plan, she had ordered my fellow Ydelleit Ulrich and Ayesha and some newly turned Ygnesai to start injuring me with everything they could. This was to act as my excuse for my long absence from my past life and the people I once knew.

The Ygnesai inflicted upon me bruises by punching and kicking me all at once, while Ayesha and Ulrich gave me scars and wounds by striking me with a whip interchangeably.

Blow after blow I have felt throbbing pain and searing burns all over my body. It was excruciating and endless, but I didn't see it as torture but as a gift. It was a gift from my queen who watched it all happen in pleasure. It meant that because of her, I was able to endure the pain and live.

I saw her smile and nod at me in approval. She whispered to me words of power during it all, which gave me vigor and strength to withstand the agony of my trial.

"Feel the pain, my subject. Feel it," her enchanting voice had said. "The pain you feel is a test to see if you have what it takes to aid me. A test to prove to me your unwavering allegiance."

Before I could even know if I passed, I felt my consciousness slip. Soon after, I found myself lying on the filthy ground somewhere in the outside world. It was a narrow and dark place, but I didn't have time to see the rest of it when a man in a uniform approached me in worry and asked if I was alright.

My queen was wise. It was all part of her plan.

I then told the man a lie and he took me to a hospital where I was treated accordingly.

There, I met one of my own, a nurse who got turned a few weeks ago. Even though I ranked higher than her in the queen's hierarchy, she only acted the way I would act to her or any other thrall, because the first rule given to us is to show respect to the queen and her alone.

I didn't have to explain to her the reason I was there. The queen already did as she has the power to communicate with all her servants through their minds, just like what she does to me.

After she was done doing her job, she left me but I was visited once more by three strange people.

I was able to see them before I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. There were two male and a female and looked like they were close to each other.