Chapter 3

A few minutes after Stella left to walk the dog, Maddie came back downstairs and into the living room where Max had began to clean up their fort. "Hey where'd Stella go?" She asked helping her brother fold blankets. "Took Zeus for a quick walk before we head out for the day." He replied. "What exactly are we doing today anyways?" Maddie asked as the doorbell rang. "I don't know, maybe the aquarium or the zoo?" Max said leaving the family room to answer the door.

"It's Memphis! Should I let him in or leave him there until Stella gets back?" He yelled unlocking the door and letting their best friend inside. "Hey, I heard that and if you think leaving me outside was the correct answer you're wrong!" He said stepping inside. "And hello to you too!" Maddie said with a smile on her face. Memphis gave Maddie a hug before doing his handshake with Max.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, I'm going to shower and change." Max said as he began to climb the stairs to his room. "Okay, we'll be here!" Maddie replied as she walked back towards the family room. "Wanna play NHL 20?" She asked passing Memphis a controller. "Sure!" He replied as Maddie popped the game into the console. "I call the Leafs!" She exclaimed. "Ah I didn't want them anyways!" Memphis replied. "Game on!" Maddie said as they began their game.

"I'm back!" Stella shouted closing the front door. "We're in the living room!" Maddie shouted back. Stella took off her shoes and walked down the hall into the living room where she saw Maddie and her best friend playing NHL 20. "Oh hey Memphis!" She said. "Hey Stell!" He replied. "Where's Max?" Stella asked going into the fridge to grab a drink. "Right here!" He replied appearing into the open concept area.

He placed a kiss on Stella's cheek before hopping over the sectional couch to watch his sister kick their best friend's ass at Chel. Stella came over and cuddled up to her boyfriend then glued her eyes to Maddie and Memphis. "What are you thinking about there huh?" Max asked as his girlfriend snapped out of her thoughts.

"Oh nothing..." she trailed off as Max gave her the don't lie to me look. "Tell me." He said. Stella put one hand in Max's chest and whispered so Maddie and Memphis couldn't hear her. "Well at your game last night when we were waiting for you, I asked Mads if there were any attractive guys in her life and..." before she continued Max interrupted her. "Stell, you know she doesn't like talking about guys that much with you and I told you not to pressure her. When she's ready she'll open up about the topic."

"I know but let me finish...Please!" She replied before continuing. "So after I asked her, she said there wasn't but when she said that, she blushed a bit and when I watch her and Memphis, I think she might like him!" She finished as Max let out a little laugh. "Stella, Memphis is like a second brother to her and I know for a fact that she doesn't like him on that level and nor does he like her in that way. He's got a girlfriend!" Mitch replied.