Chapter- 42

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Shreya's POV-

" Bahu, now you are supposed to go and change into the bridal dress from our side for the pheres and the rest of the rituals. Panditji is getting the preparations done so go and get ready quickly." Daadi bua instructed but when did this happen? No one told me that I was supposed to change out of such a beautiful dress!

I was about to protest when mumma held my hand lightly while mom gave me an apologetic look.

" Okay daadi bua." I finally had to agree to her for mumma's and mom's sake.

" Come with me Shreya, I will help you get ready." Roshni bhabhi offered and I nodded as we walked inside.

" Sorry Shreya, daadi bua takes things too far. For what it's worth, you look absolutely beautiful." She said, looking at me with empathy.

" You have to face it too?" I asked, a little annoyed.

" Yeah....it happens whenever daadi bua attends a wedding." She replied, scowing.

" This is insane." I huffed and she nodded, agreeing with me.

We reached my room where the dress was kept on the bed. It was a heavier bridal lehenga with heavier jewellery. What is up with the universe! How am I going to carry this dress!

Roshni bhabhi helped me taking off the jewellery I was already wearing and then I changed to the other lehenga. It was pretty too but a hundred times heavier.

She then helped me putting on the jewellery and fixed my hair and make-up a bit. I was all set.

Shreya's Look-

I walked to the mandap because I was called and was made to sit next to Kabir

I walked to the mandap because I was called and was made to sit next to Kabir. The panditji was chanting his mantras.

" Why did you change?" He asked, whispering to me.

" Daadi bua asked me to. Apparently it is some family tradition of yours." I replied, very slowly and saw him give me an apologetic look.

" It's alright I guess. This dress in good too, besides I now get pictures in two beautiful dresses." I tried to find something optimistic about the situation but it didn't really work.

" You don't have to fake it in front of me to the very least Shreya. Well, daadi bua can be a little difficult sometimes." I heard him say and I rolled my eyes.

" A little? Seriously?" I taunted him at his understatement.

Before he could say anything, the panditji asked us to forward our hands for the havan and we obliged.

The havan went on for about an hour and as the minutes were passing by, I was feeling more and more sleepy. It was almost 3 in the night.

The gathbandhan was done and now the panditji asked us to stand up for the seven rounds. Riya bhabhi helped me stand and then Kabir took my hand in his as we started walking around the pious fire.