Chapter 2

Barry finished the rest of his evaluation and all I could do was stare, admiring the man in front of me. I had nothing to do at this point in time because basically I am just Barry's second pair of eyes. It's pretty relaxing compared to the bureau, yes I still have responsibilities but nothing compared to Virginia. I also occasionally help the CCPD profile unsubs or what they call them "suspects". So not much change, just a slight load lifted.

Barry finally finished, so now it's time to go back to the precinct. As I was walking away, I heard Barry call out my name, "Maya, MAYA! Wait up." I turned around and there was Bartholomew Henry Allen running towards me. "I was wondering if I could get a ride back to the precinct."

"Yeah, sure."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem. It's like a 10 minute run from here to the precinct and knowing you that would be a 45 minute run." I said, trying to laugh while trying not to blush at his smile.

"Yeah whatever," Barry rolled his eyes playfully, trying to seem hurt.

"It's all out of love, but you gotta admit that you're pretty slow," and with that I took off running to my car. Barry got confused at first, but then realized that I just challenged him to a race, so he took off after me. Once he caught up to me he was out of breath, "Okay, you win."

We got into my car and as I was pulling out of my parking space Barry asked me a question, "Hey Maya what do you do when the girl you like can't seem to see that you like them even when you drop hints you do?" This had my emotions feeling conflicted because there is a part of me that hopes he's talking about me, but my brain knows he's talking about Iris. I contemplated if I should even answer but that would be selfish so I answered after all. "Is this about Iris?" I asked.

"WHAT... NO... what makes you say that?" He replied looking down blushing like an idiot. Yeah, that's what I thought.

"Nothing... just the way you look at her since elementary and your face is as red as a tomato."

"Am not!" Barry said, now embarrassed. "Can you just answer the question? Asking for a friend."

"Sure you are, but yeah... sometimes you just have to drop bombs instead of hints... smack a bitch with the truth."

"Some of us don't pick up on hints and you just have to tell us." I said, trying not to sound hurt.

"What if they don't like dorks like me." He replied sadly.

"Any girl would be lucky to have you...trust me, Barry."

"Highly doubtful."

"Trust me... shoot, I would be lucky enough to have you." SHIT! I just let that slip now I am screwed. Hopefully, he didn't notice that.

Barry looked a tad bit shocked but pushed it down, "what do you mean by "I would be lucky enough to have you"," he questioned.

SHIT... he noticed, but as soon as I was about to reply to him I pulled into the CCPD, "Oh look, we are here!" I am trying to change the subject.

"What did you mean?" Barry asked, trying to speed walk to get next to me with his evidence. I walked faster, trying to avoid him. "MAYA... what do you mean?!" I ignored him and walked to my desk. Barry set his stuff down and processed the animal poop he found at the scene. Once he did, he came up to my desk, "Maya, you still haven't answered me... what did you mean by that?" I tried to ignore him and try to get up, but Barry didn't allow it.

As I got up, he kept getting closer and closer until he backed me into a wall. This was a new side of Barry I never seen. He put one arm on the wall behind me and the other he pinned my wrist down and was really close where I felt his breath really close. This made my heart race like a lot. Not how I pictured this moment happening... not to say I have fantasized about Barry before... I would never he's my best friend, and I buried these emotions a long time ago... totally never pictured how kissing him would feel. "What did you mean?"