Chapter 17

"Flash missing. Vanishes in crisis." "After an epic street battle with the Reverse-Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light," read Barry.

"Barry, look at the date," Caitlin voiced.

"April 25th, 2024." Barry looks shocked as he eyed the date and read it out loud. "Guys, when I fought The Reverse-Flash at Christmas, he said that we'd be fighting for centuries," Barry said.

"Wait, you can't really think that this is from... the future," Caitlin said.

"That would mean Dr. Wells, or whoever he is, is also... From the future," Maya said.

"I have to say, I'm really digging the brighter red suit. And the white on the symbol? That's dope. Wait, a second. Suppose we now change the color on your suit. Will it be because we got the idea from this picture? That would mean we're living in a causal nexus." Cisco was really getting into the whole time travel thing. Also, if Maya were to admit it was a kind of cool, except because Wells is a murderous speedster.

"This... wow," Maya and Cisco said at the same time.

"This is so trippy. Like, Marty and the Polaroid trippy," said Cisco.

"Not as trippy as the name on the byline," said Caitlin.

"Maya Hernandez-Allen?," Barry read, with a questioning look on his face.

"Mazel tov?," said Cisco, but more questioned. Barry and Maya stare at each other for a moment, just blushing at the fact that they are husband and wife in the future. "Hebrew. Ancient language of the Jewish people," said a computer voice.

"Uh-uh. What the hell was that?," Cisco jumped. Cisco wasn't the only one who jumped. This computer voice scared everyone. "Is someone here?"

"Hello?," asked Barry.

"Good evening, Barry Allen," the computer voice announced. At that moment, a whole hologram appeared. It was cool but weird at the same time.

"Uh... H-hi. You know who I am?"

"Of course. Barry Allen, director of Central City Police, CSI Division."

"Director?," Barry asked.

"I guess you get a promotion," Cisco said.

"Also known as The Flash. Founding member of the Justice Le..." Barry was more focused on the director part, but it still wrapped Maya up on what the computer was going to say before it got cut off.

"What are you?," Maya asked because that was on everyone's mind.

"I am Gideon, an interactive artificial consciousness," the computer said.

"AI. Sick," Cisco said, like a true nerd would. Maya was also very impressed with the A.I.

"You know Dr. Wells?," Barry asked.

"Yes."

"Do you know who he really is?," Maya asked.

"I don't understand the question," Gideon said.

"I... I mean, what is he doing here? W-why did he come here?," Barry asked, growing impatient.

"To kill you." This was a lot to take in. First, they find out that Maya and Barry were to be married in the future and now Well's or whoever that is, their primary mission is to kill Barry. There are four minds in that room and not even if they combine their mind processing ability, they still wouldn't be able to process the information thrown at them fast enough. Out of nowhere, everyone hears a beeping noise from Cisco tablet.