Chapter 3

Barry smiles at the text. Iris sees him on his phone and gets his attention. "Hey you wanted to come so no phones." "Sorry it was work." "Oh, do you have to leave early?" "No, it was just Maya texting me that saying all the other evidence got processed and I just have to sign some stuff."
"Oh, okay, well, I am going to get some drinks. I'll be right back," Iris voiced as she pats Barry's shoulders.
"Okay."

Iris goes up to the drink table and orders a drink for her and Barry. This guy at the table sees Iris and approaches her, "What is a pretty girl like you doing here all alone?" Iris didn't like the feeling she was getting from this guy so she tried to hurry a leave to get back to Barry, but the guy grabbed her waist, "Where do you think you're going, I'm just trying to talk to you." "I would like it if you let me go." "Hey, how about we ditch the particle accelerator and go back to my place and we can watch movies, well not really watch the movie because I'm going to show you a good time."
"I have a boyfriend and you're drunk." Iris stated, scared and uncomfortable.
"One, I'm not drunk," but Iris can smell the alcohol on his breath, "... and two, I don't see any boyfriend," this disgusting smirked.

"That's because he isn't here but he is a cop so I'm pretty sure if I told him what is happening right now, you'll get arrested and spending time for sexual assault." He didn't like that one bit. His grip get's tighter, "Listen here you bitch, I ain't scared of no cop, so I am making a generous offer here, because your boyfriend sounds like a prude, you'll have an enjoyable time at my place."

"I said no... and no means no," Iris yelled at him and kicked him where no grown man wants to get kicked at and poured a leftover drink that was on the table on him. Once her drinks come, she goes over to Barry and hands him his drink.
"Here you go," Iris said.
"Thanks."
"So, Barry, how was your trip?"
"Did you find proof of the impossible in starling city, or did you just make my dad mad for no reason?" Iris questions while putting her dark hair behind her ear.

"Actually, while I was away, I thought about... You know, relationships. And, well, I'm not in one and you're not in one, either. And you're my best friend, iris." Barry is now getting nervous, debating if he should admit his feelings or not.
"You're mine too. Why else would I be here?"
"That's not what I meant. What I--"
Iris interrupts Barry, "I know what you're going to say, Barry."
"I'm not sure you do."
"Even though we grew up in the same house together, and we're kind of like brother and sister, because we're not brother and sister, it can get really weird and awkward to talk to me about girls. But I just want you to know that it shouldn't be awkward. There is nothing I want more than for you to meet the right person who totally loves and adores you for the amazing guy you are."
"Took the words right out of my mouth." Barry said backing out of his plan to Iris his genuine feelings.
"Aw, aren't you glad I know you so well?"
"Thank you." Barry and Iris turn to face the stage and as soon as they do Harrison Wells comes on stage and everyone claps.

"My name is Harrison wells. Tonight, the future begins. The work my team and I will do here Will change our understanding of physics. We'll bring about advancements in power, advancements in medicine, and trust me, that future will be here faster than you think." Everyone was paying attention to Harrison, so when a man or teen came up to Iris and stole her bag, no one noticed till Iris felt the weight on her shoulder lessen, so she turned around and saw the man running off. Iris taps Barry, "Oh, hey, my laptop! It's got my dissertation." Barry runs after the person and follows him outside. The purse snatcher got stopped by a dead end, "I'm sorry," he said.

"All right, kid, you don't have to do this, all right? Just give me back my friend's bag, and we'll call it even," Barry said, trying to negotiate with the guy. "Okay?"

The guy then hits Barry with the bag and begins climbing the fence that closed off his exit. Iris came running and saw Barry on the ground, "Barry! Are you okay?" "Yeah." The robber hops over the fence but is stopped by the police.

"Freeze! Police! Or do you want to find out the hard way you're not faster than a bullet?" The cop handcuffed the robber and put him in the back of his car. He looks to see where the robber came from and see's Barry grabbing his face while standing next to Iris. "You guys okay?"
"Yeah, Barry just needs ice." Iris stated.
"Alright, you guys need to come to the station anyway to give a report."
"Alright," Barry said.

Once they arrived at the station, Barry got his ice and they gave their reports. Barry sat down at Joe's desk and iced his face. Iris came up to him and asked, "Who is that guy, and what is he so proud of? So he caught a mugger?"
"He's a transfer from keystone. Started a few weeks ago. Eddie Thawne."
"Oh, that's detective, pretty boy." Barry had a confused look on his face. "That's what my dad calls him. Says he actually keeps score when it comes to arrests," Iris rolled her eyes. "He is pretty though." Barry looks hurt by Iris calling Eddie pretty.

Meanwhile, Barry is at the station, while Joe and his pattern go to the last farm on the list of leads Barry gave them, "This is the last farm on Barry's list."
"Look, I know the kid's smart, but you said it yourself. Sometimes he's chasing flying pigs."
"Well, let's check it out, anyway."

Back at the station Iris leaves, and Barry goes up to his lab. When Barry gets to his lab, he realizes Maya isn't there, so he texted her because Maya is usually still there and leaves at 10:30pm.

 When Barry gets to his lab, he realizes Maya isn't there, so he texted her because Maya is usually still there and leaves at 10:30pm

Barry goes downstairs to turn in his paperwork and he runs into Eddie, "Hey Allen."
"Hey Eddie."
"You're clocking out?"
"No, I still have some stuff to do in my lab, but I'm actually looking for Maya."
"Hernadez?"
"Yeah... do you know where she's at?"
"Yeah she left early."
"Oh, okay, thanks."
"No problem, Allen."
Barry goes back to his lab when his phone dings. He checked his phone, and it was a text message from Maya.

Barry laughs to himself after reading Maya's text and turns on his computer to watch the particle accelerator turn on

"I'm Linda Park, and we're live, outside S.T.A.R. Labs despite the inclement weather, which is only going to get worse. The torrential downpour has not affected the particle accelerator, which is up and running smoothly according to S.T.A.R. Labs ceo Harrison wells. The weather has also..." and that's when Barry heard a bang making him look up from what he was doing. He saw the water coming into his lab so he went to go close the window type thing on the roof. As he did that, lightning strikes him and pushes him through a bunch of his chemicals. EVERYTHING WENT BLACK.