Sweet sometimes

Abbie and Kevin arrived back at the district and brought the young girl upstairs, her name was tia.  Hank nodded at the partners as they walked into the break room with the girl to have a formal conversation.  The three walked passed the unit and jay was staring at Abbie discreetly, she could see him in her peripheral vision but she avoided eye contact and walked on.  She had learned it was best to put out her 'bitchy' side first then show the 'sweet sometimes' side later on.

             "We've got 7 female drug mule victims, all dead.  They were found in the park on your street, do you know anything big or small, any information will help?..." Abbie explained to tia.  She sighed and looked down, "there were two guys hanging around a van last night, kept driving up and down the street like 3 or 4 times I don't know.  There are cameras on the streetlights outside my house but I don't know if they work..." she answered sadly.  Kevin looked at Abbie, "ma'am is there a reason you couldn't tell us this at your house?" Kevin asked her trying to help.  Tia looked frightened, "no, no I uh just didn't wanna bring my boyfriend into all this..." she blatantly lied.  Abbie took her hand supportively, "if he's hurting you we can help you..." she smiled at tia.  Tia thought about it for a second and rubbed her wrists then nodded, "please" she begged them.  Kevin and Abbie nodded then left her alone for a second.

               "Sarge she saw the two men with a van, she's in trouble at home though, the boyfriends abusive" Kevin explained.  Hank nodded and looked at Abbie for more details, "she saw them hanging around a van that went up and down her street a few times, there's security cams on the street lights outside of her house but she don't know if they work..." Abbie added while putting some info onto the chalk board.  Hank nodded, "alright keep working on it, get her somewhere safe" he said to Abbie while pointing to Tia in the break room.  She nodded and walked away, "hey tia, you're gonna come with me and I'll get you some place safe okay? You're doing good" she said while grabbing her arm.  Tia agreed then stood up and followed Abbie downstairs, "hey sarge keep her safe, abuse victim" she said while handing her over to trudy.  Trudy nodded and took her into the back.

Jay saw Abbie coming back up the stairs so he sat up straighter and faced him computer, he watched her walk back to her desk and sit down. They all cracked on with finding leads, "I got something" Abbie shouted from her desk. The team gathered around her and jay subconsciously put his hands on the back of her chair, she felt the weight on her chair and smiled a little before being serious again. "We got the footage, there's the two men and the van with Illinois tags. It cuts off before the park but we got the plates" she said while pointing to the monitor.  Hank nodded, "alright run it through the system" he said before vanishing into his office again. The team all went back to their desks, "it belongs to a David sanders, lives on 22 brook-street" jay said while looking up from his computer.

"Gear up" Hank ordered at them all. They all made their way downstairs and the partners helped each other suit up, they all had their leg straps on so they could carry the guns in their. Abbie looked like a badass, like someone out of tomb raider and jay couldn't help but stare at her. "Wait for my order" Hank said before they all headed out to their vehicles. No one had really gotten the chance to talk to Abbie since they had done nothing move roll quickly all day. "So where you move from?" Kevin said while driving to the location, Abbie smiled, "swat team" she said with a hard face. Kevin looked at her in shock, "oh so you like kicking ass?" He said with a raised eyebrow. She laughed slightly, "you could say that" she shook him off before Hank spoke over the radio. "Halstead Upton you take the back, Atwater Miller cover the side" he said as they all pulled up to the house.

They all hopped out and got into position, "David sanders, Chicago PD!" Hank said before Adam kicked down the door. They moved in and the rest stood by, there was a moment of silence before David barged out of a side door. Jay and hailey ran after him from around the back and Kevin and Abbie blocked him off from around the corner. Jay and hailey were chasing him down an alley and Abbie was in the lead running to corner him off, as David got to the end of the alley Abbie met him and tackled him to the floor. She turned him over and pinned him down, "David sanders you are under arrest..." she said while cuffing him up and explaining his rights. Jay and hailey finally made it to the end of the alley at the same time that Kevin made it around the corner, they all looked at Abbie then at each other in shock, "damn you're fast" Kevin said in his hood accent while catching his breath back. Abbie stood up and pulled David off the floor without even shedding a drop of sweat or breathlessness, she smiled and laughed then pushed David away to a cop car.

             Abbie must've cut her arm or something because there was a bit of blood on her white shirt, jay noticed, "hey you alright?" He said while pointing to her arm.  She looked at him then looked at her arm, "oh, yeah it's just a scratch" she smiled at him. He smiled back at her beauty and nodded.  They made it back to the district and questioned David sanders about the murders.  Hank and hailey took the run while jay and Abbie watched from the viewing room, "so where'd you transfer from?" Jay said happily. Abbie smiled but kept her eyes on the interrogation, "swat" she said with a half smile. Jay looked taken aback, "why'd you leave?" He said in shock. She laughed slightly, "being one of the only women in a swat team isn't fun, it isn't really what you'd expect" she summed up. Jay nodded, "why'd you pick this unit?" He said curiously. She looked at him, "you guys have got a reputation for doing things your own way, kinda how I roll" she said with a smile. Jay nodded and seemed impressed, they watched the interrogation and when it was done walked outside to meet the rest of the team.