dora the explorer?

*three months later*

"Do you need us to fetch anything over?" Kim sat up and shot her head in abbies direction. Abbie smiled but shook her head, "no it's fine, I have everything sorted. Hopefully the sun stays out for us" she laughed. They all nodded in agreement before hank walked out, "active shooter, we're called out as backup lets go" he sighed, he hates the team being used as backup, they're usually the ones calling backup not vice versa.

They arrived at the bank and stood behind a huge long row of patrol cars, and like they expected, they weren't even needed, so they packed up before they could be used as cleaners and returned back to the district to carry on with paperwork.  The minutes turned into hours and before they knew it, they were grabbing their things to go home and change before they would go to abbies and jays for a bbq since the weather was starting to get warmer.  Besides, it was a nice change to mollys bar. 

              "I'm gonna take a shower, want me to leave the water running?" Abbie placed her jacket on the hook as jay closes the front door behind the pair.  He smiled, "please" he nodded.  She smiled back before running off to go do as she pleased leaving jay to get the snacks ready in the kitchen. She only took around 10 minutes in the shower since she didn't need to wash her hair, but a full concert was definitely needed, she got out and walked into the bedroom to put on a nice summer dress then returned to the kitchen to see jay placing random snacks onto plates and trays. She laughed and shook her head at how unorganised they were, "go shower, I'll finish up" she walked up behind him.  He laughed and walked away to go shower leaving her to make a better job out of it.

               "You sure the weathers gonna hold out?" Jay eventually crept up behind of Abbie and placed his hands on her shoulders soothingly.  She looked up at the sky, "I hope it does, I mean we could always come inside if it rains" she laughed since there was indeed a few grey clouds getting a little too close for their own liking. Before they knew it the team was starting to arrive at their beautiful cozy home since it was currently 7:15pm, they were all ready to relax and watch the game over a few beers.  The first guests to arrive were Kim and Adam, who came in the same car, next was Vanessa, then lastly Kevin, hank doesn't come to these kind of things...

"Damn girl, nice place" Kevin gave Abbie a fist pump as they all settled down, "thanks" Abbie laughed and smiled at jay. He smiled back, it was abbies home but now it's theirs, after all, he's slowly turning it into a man cave, either he is or Tyler is, it's a joint effort. Kim furrowed her brows, "I thought you had a brother?" She smiled. Abbie nodded, "I do, he's 17 next week" she smiled. Vanessa nodded, "is he home?" She looked around. Abbie shook her head, "no he's at his girlfriends" she laughed and looked at jay who was smiling. They all nodded in understanding and put their night in, into action.

"Uh oh..." Kevin held his hand out as a few drops of rain landed on his head. Everyone looked around, "typical" Kim huffed and began helping the rest of the unit with moving the food inside. It took them about 5 minutes but eventually everything was back inside where it was warm and dry, "we're out of beers" Kevin laughed. Abbie looked around, "adam, could you run down those stairs over there and bring up the spare crate of beers? It's on top of the washing machine i think" she pointed to the basement door. Adam looked over his shoulder and nodded, "sure thing" he smiled and got on with it.

After about 5 minutes, there was still no sign of Adam returning with the alcohol, "I'll go find him" Kevin huffed and stood up. Abbie and jay laughed but Vanessa and Kim were too engrossed in the hawks game to even notice either boys had left.

"Hey bro, you lost or something?" Kevin sighed and appeared at the bottle of the nicely decorated basement steps. Adam looked up with raised eyebrows, "I found the beer crate, and these..." he held up dozens pictures belonging to their teammate. Kevin's eyes widened as he walked over to him, "oh my god, no way" Kevin let out an impressed chuckle, oh no...

"Where the hell are they?" Jay looked at Abbie now that Kevin had been gone for a few minutes too, "maybe I didn't leave the beer there..." Abbie looked at him in doubt. He smiled weakly, "I'll go find them both, and get the beer while I'm at it" he laughed. She smiled and nodded as he walked away before she turned her attention to the girls again. Jay plodded down the steps with a curious twinkle in his eye, "are you Dora the explorer? Where the hell are you guys?" He chuckled to himself. His eyes were glue open when he saw both men admiring his girlfriends modelling pictures from many years ago, "so these are them huh?" Kevin held up a black and white one.

"I swear to god those boys cannot do anything on their own" Abbie groaned after another few minutes of cluelessness. Both Vanessa and Kim laughed but watched as Abbie walked towards the basement stairs. "This ones my favourite..." she heard jay say to whoever was listening. She furrowed her brows and stopped at the bottom of the stairs, "oh Jesus Christ..." she threw her head back and walked over to them. "Where'd you find these?" She took the pictures out of jays hand as all three men looked at her with smirks on their faces. Adam nodded, "next to the beer, nice pictures..." he smiled playfully as they tried to hold their giggles in.

"Great" she nodded to herself although her cheeks were blushing slightly, jay smiled, looks like he forgot a box when he was moving things into the attic last night...

"Well the shows over, and the beer won't drink itself..." she shrugged it off and grabbed the beer crate since clearly no one else was going to bring it up themselves. Jay laughed and followed his woman up the stairs, both Kevin and Adam shot each other smirks before filling the pair, well there goes the mystery of abbies old modelling career...