Prologue

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 ℙⅇ𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 ℙⅇ𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍

The girl made her way through the alley in a haste. Her heart thundered at the rate of a hundred miles per hour. She needed not spare a single glance in the direction she was heading in. The place was familiar, though she had never come across this place or even seen photos, it was familiar. A black hood hid her face but she wore a mask in order to not allow anyone see her appearance, as a precaution. It would not be healthy to blow her cover this early.

She sighed heavily before breaking in through the noisy bar. It was old enough to be a historic monument but that did not lead to a decrease in the number of its customers. The reason wasn’t the fact that the beer was free or that gorgeous girls worked here. But the fact that only specific people had the idea about it. Only the immortals.
The girl did not dare raise her eyes to see them.

“Lilith Dean?” A melodious voice whispered before she could enter and that was her cue to rush back into the alley. 

She stopped far away from the bar so no one could see them. A beautiful lady materialized as she turned. She wore a flawless white dress sweeping the marble floor. Her golden hair was collected in a bun, permitting only a few strands to escape. She was no doubt an immortal. The lady’s red eyes fixated on her visitor while Lilith only did efforts to hide her face. 

“You got the information?” The lady asked. Lilith nodded and gave her a brown paper bag. She pulled out some photographs from inside and a smile bloomed over her face. 

“You have done good work. Now you may leave,” were her words before walking back to the club. 

Lilith started returning to the cab so she could reach the airport. Her heart wasn’t hammering now. She wasn't panting with worry. A familiar fog had clouded her eyes.

“You’ll enjoy this so much Lady Thalia, just wait and watch.”

⎼⎼⎼⎼◈⎼⎼⎼⎼

Published on 16.2.2021
Happy Basant Panchami my readers, may Goddess Saraswati bring wisdom and love in your beautiful lives.

Thank you for reading. I love you!