The first Loss: an Origin story

*swoosh*

The sound released by the eye-catching swing filled the training terrain. However, no one batted an eye or looked back to find its origins. It was natural, The knights of the palace had spent 12 years hearing that sound day after day, The sword belonged to none other than the crown prince of the Lubana kingdom.

''Your highness, please do not forget to get ready for your coming of age ceremony...''

The owner of the voice was the retainer of the crown prince, tasked with helping him manage and complete his duties. It was unfortunate but the crown prince, who was born with immense combat talent, possessed average intelligence and wisdom. He was more fit to be a knight than a noble, for he swung a sword for the first time when he was 3 and for 12 years he kept doing so. A man with an immense passion for war and battles.

''Salam, did I not tell you to call me by my first name? I might be the crown prince but I am not interested in ruling over a country.''

''Your highness!! you must not say that!! you are hero Kadmus' son and the crown prince of the prideful Lubana kingdom!''

However, as if pretending to not hear him, the boy kept swinging his sword.

''Madra-nim!!!''

a young kid ran towards the boy who was drenched in sweat after his training.

''Eiman!! what's my small cute brother doing here?''

A warm smile appeared on Madra's face, Although he was the crown prince, his little brother who was known for his great knowledge and intelligence was more fit for the position of a king than him. Madra had already decided to renounce his right for the throne to his brother once the time comes.

''Father told me you would be training here so I came to see you!''

Madra laughed whole-heartedly and carried his brother on his shoulders while walking towards the throne room. If his father had sent his little brother then it probably meant that he wanted to meet him personally. As he arrived at the throne room, Madra put down his brother and patted his head before heading in. He calmly kneeled before his father and spoke.

''I heard that you have called me, Your majesty.''

''Madra.''

''Yes, your majesty.''

Kadmus, Madra's father and the current king of Lubana was the hero who saved Lubana from collapsing and was able to regain the land they had lost to the Saharan's empire after the previous royal bloodline of Lubana was assassinated by Eclipse. It was the reason why he faced no resistance from the people as he became king, For the people of Lubana, Kadmus was a ray of hope.

''You have finally become an adult, although I am not sure You became a fine one.''

''I apologize for my shortcomings, Your majesty.''

Madra had always acted respectfully and talked courteously towards his father. It was because Unlike The king's current wife, who was the daughter of the duke, Madra's mother was a commoner, and the woman Kadmus married before becoming a hero. Siera, Madra's mother, had supported Kadmus with all her power, But in the end, his father abandoned her as soon as he became king. She was then banished a few years later by the current queen after being falsely accused of attempting to assassinate the second prince.

All these events led Madra to build up a deep grudge against his father and the current queen who betrayed his mother, the woman who sacrificed everything so that he can grow up peacefully. Despite this, Madra did not resent his younger brother, quite the opposite actually, he loved his brother more than anything, And wouldn't hesitate to put his life on the line to protect him.