Chapter 4

When I finally got home after this terribly long day, the moment I sat down on my bed, Bella came in.

"So? what the heck happened today?" she asked, sounding actually concerned. 

"nothing"

"Oh sure, 'nothing', then what was the deal with that girl today, and why did you give the doctor your 'I know it was you' look?" She sounded quite annoyed that I didn't just spill everything out to her. She knew me too well to not know there was something bigger going on.

"Oh you want to talk about today? Then lets talk about what happened with that boy that sat with Alice at lunch. I saw you looking at him"

"first off don't change the subject, and he was the one staring at me with his cold, dead black eyes in biology" She said almost kind of yelling, she was mad.

"I didn't see that.."

"Thats because you left!" she yelled, "and I want to know why!" I was thinking about actually telling her, but then I guess Charlie heard and he walked in.

"I have no Idea what happened with you two today, but I don't like it," he said and then turned to me, "why were you looking at Dr. Cullen like that, I thought you had made friends with his kids"

"I don't know who his kids even are?" I responded with a tad with too much sass.

"I heard from a friend that you were sitting with one of his girls in two of your classes," he began and then turned to Bella, "and that you sat with one of his boys in biology." Me and Bella tried to subtly exchange glances at each other when we realized who Dr. Cullen was. We were not Subtle though.

"What? Why are you two looking at each other like that, what am I missing?"

"nothing Ch- uhm Dad. I am really tired though so I might just take a nap now, Okay?"

"Alright." He turned out and left. Bella turned towards me, but before she could say anything I said something to her,

"Look, Bella, I can't tell you what today because I'm not even sure what happened. What I do know is that something is strange about that family, and I am going to figure out what that is." I turned away from Bella and closed my eyes as I finally lied down. I fell asleep almost instantly.

--

When I awoke again it was morning. I need to talk to Alice, I was a little scared though. I got out of bed, woke up Bella and got ready. Today I wore some Fuzzy socks, converse, sweatpants, an oversized graphic t-shirt, a zip up hoodie, and a raincoat. The whole way to school I was thinking about what to say to Alice, I couldn't just go up to her and say 'what is wrong with you and your family'. My mind started to wander a bit, back to Carlisle, what about him, I wanted to talk to him as well. He probably saved my life, but yet he lied about it, why? I know why though, he is hiding something, something big. No human runs as fast as he did. I only had two theories, that he we like a super hero or a vampire, but neither of those would make sense. Forks doesn't have any super heroes, and vampires don't go out in the daylight.

We arrived at school, I still hadn't figured out what to say to Alice, but I would need to figure it out, like now, I had my first class, math, with her. I said bye to Bella, but she seemed like she was in the middle of a thought, like maybe she was going to talk to Alice's brother or whatever, I think she said his name was Edward. I walked into math and saw Alice sitting at our spot. I took in a deep breath that I didn't let out until I sat down. I didn't say anything at first, but then the bell rang and class began. She didn't look at me this time. I looked at her though and saw her face looked like she was maybe embarrassed? But she wasn't blushing or red.

She mostly seemed unfazed, and that was when I lost it, I grabbed my notebook, and I tore out a piece of paper, I wrote down, 'we need to talk' I slid it over to her, she read it quickly and gave me a little nod.