6.

Draco and I are the talk of the school

Draco and I are the talk of the school. Every pair of eyes follow me as I walk the hall. I knew it would be a big deal, but I didn't expect this. No one meeting my eye, my friends no longer speaking to me, my brother walking out of the room when he sees me enter, even Professors staring at me like I've grown three heads.

I eat lunch in my room, picking at my food, pushing it around my plate. My eyes drift to the unopened letter from my mother after she spoke with Seamus. I can only imagine what it will say.

There's a knock and I look up. I blink in surprise. Ginny Weasley–sister to Ron, Fred, and George–stands there, a shy smile on her face. Her ginger hair falls dead straight down her shoulders. She's dressed in a curve-hugging long-sleeve top and dark jeans.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

She takes a seat at the edge of the bed, her fingers drumming over her knees.

"I heard what happened."

"Like everyone," I reply with a wan smile.

"I understand–well, not actually–how you're feeling. You must be confused. Hurt. Embarrassed. Angry. A lot more."

"To name a few."

She offers me a small smile. "Well. To hell with them."

I jerk my chin. "What?"

"Who cares if people gossip about you? They're probably wishing they are you."

My eyebrows shoot up. I was close with Ginny once before and for reasons I'm not entirely sure of, we drifted apart.

"If you want to be with Draco, then be with him," she shrugs. "Life's too short not to be happy and go after what you want." A look falls over her face, a pensive one, and I wonder if there is something deeper here. I once suspected she had feelings for Harry. Maybe I was right.

"Really?" I whisper.

She nods encouragingly. "Really."

She reaches out, covering my hand with hers.

"You should go tell him that."

I wipe my tears and pull her into a hug. She folds her arms around me, hugging me tight, before letting go.

"You don't know how much this means to me, Ginny." I tell her. "Do you want to go to the quidditch match together tomorrow?"

"I'd like that," she smiles. "Now go get your man!"

I leap to my feet. It's still lunch, everyone will be in the dining hall. I move as fast as my legs will take me. The doors bang open at my arrival and everyone turns to face me. There's such a clear distinction of tables–Gryffindor on one end, Slytherin on the other–as if something has placed a glass wall between us.

Weaving in and out of people and groups, I head to the other side of the room. Crabbe nudges Draco and he looks up, our eyes meeting. His handsome, genuine smile–the smile only reserved for me–takes over his face.

He stands, drawing to his full height. Pansy clambers to her feet, her arm touching his, and he shakes her off. With his long strides, we meet within a few moments.

"I love you," I blurt. "I love you so fucking much."

Draco's grin is from ear to ear as he gazes down at me.

"I love you, Aisling." He clutches my face, lowering his mouth to mine. His breath fans over my lips. "And I don't give a damn about what anyone has to say about that."

THE END

--------------

Thank you so much for reading my first ever fanfic! I really enjoyed it! I'm also happy to do any bonus chapters (before they got together, one for after this, etc) just let me know! I really hope you enjoyed it! :-)

I have plenty of other completed (full-length) novels on my profile if you're after more to read! I also do a lot of book recommendations (traditional and Wattpad) over on my TikTok account if you're interested!