20

omniscient
a few hours later

klay held megan tighter as she cried on his chest, he rubbed her back. "i can't believe this right now my grandma god why". she cried harder, klay heart broke listening to her weep.

"i'm sorry this is happening to you baby, but please can you calm down". he softly said, "b-but i can't i don't want her to leave me! she won't meet her grandson". she cried as he sighed. sitting up he gently pulled her onto his lap rocking them back and fourth.

"take a deep breath". he instructed, megan gazed into his eyes doing as told. klay wiped her tears pecking her lips.

"i love you". he softly said, she smiled burying her face in his neck. "you promise to never leave me?". she softly asked, he nodded kissing her forehead.

>>>

megan breathed in slowly, putting her shades on she looked over at klay who gave her a small smile.

"you ready to see her?". megan shook her head wiping her face. "i just can't wrap my mind around this, she won't ever get to see me blow up". she choked out, she sighed attempting to calm down.

"why can't i stop crying!". she screamed running her hands through her hair. "let's just go before i have another breakdown". she softly said, klay pulled her into him.

klay pulled away before stepping out the car running to her side, "don't start dude". he gritted at the man snapping multiple pictures. klay held megan protectively as they walked through the automatic doors.

"mommy". megan cried rushing to her mother, who held her tightly, "oh sweetie look at you". her mother cried, pulling away gazing at her face. "so the blogs were right". she mumbled as megan frowned.

"mommy i was gonna tell you, it's just we've been busy". she softly said, "busy humping each other?". klay face turned red as megan sighed shaking her head.

"mommy quit it, where's nana". holly turned, megan following close behind, klay interlocking their hands.

megan looked up at him smiling softly,

>>>

"my grand baby". jamie softly said, megan pulled away from klay walking over to her grandma's bed side. "hi nana". she softly said as tears wailing in her eyes.

"no no no! none of that crying. let me get a good look at my beautiful baby". she cooed as megan shyly stood up.

"congratulations, i may not be here to see my great grand baby but i know he's gonna be beautiful". she softly said, megan smiled sadly. "i'm proud of you megan, i love you. you still going to college?". she asked as megan sat in the chair next to the bed.

"yes ma'am i am". jamie attention went from megan's face to klay who was talking to holly.

"that's your husband?". jamie whispered as megan face lit up, she nodded as jamie smiled. "he's handsome and tall". she said giggling softly.

"young man come over here and meet ya grandma i don't bite sweetie". klay smiled walking over, gently hugging the small woman in his arms. "mhmmm you smell good cutie". she softly said pinching his cheeks.

"it's nice to meet you, megan talks about you all the time on the phone". megan hid her face behind her hand.

"nana no i do not". megan said making klay chuckle, "she does, don't believe her". she said making them laugh.

jamie frowned before coughing violently making megan panic sitting up in the chair, jamie gently grabbed her arm.

"sweetie calm down, i love you". she softly said smiling, megan kissed her grandma's hand before jamie eyes closed.

klay grew concerned, not seeing her chest rise and fall, the machines suddenly going crazy. "nana!?". megan screamed looking down at her, "klay baby why isn't she talking back! n-no she was just talking". she screamed as tears ran down her face.

nurses rushed into the room, "i need you all to leave the room". the doctor instructed, holly looked over at her mother. she slowly stood up walking towards the door wiping her teary face.

"leave? hell no i can't leave my nana! make her wake up she can't leave me". megan choked out gripping her hand tightly.

the nurse went to touch megan's shoulder making her flinch cutting her eyes at the woman. "don't you touch me". she spat, klay stepped forward grabbing her face in his hands.

"baby come on, we have to do as they say or we could get kicked out". megan ignored him staring at her grandma.

klay sighed pulling her gently out the chair, megan started fighting in his hold. "klay let me go". she gritted bashing her hands anywhere they could land on his body.

as klay finally got them out the door, megan heard the flatline...