CHAPTER THREE | About APIFantasy's Reading Lists

Below is a collection of reading lists with descriptions to help you determine which you'd like your story to be featured in.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

The Wandering Immortal

This Reading List is reserved for General Fantasy & Science Fiction stories that incorporate Asian and/or Pacific Islander mythology and fairytales

This Reading List is reserved for General Fantasy & Science Fiction stories that incorporate Asian and/or Pacific Islander mythology and fairytales. Take your readers to other realms and introduce unique magic systems, all for the sake of restoring peace to the world. Who will be your hero?

Recommended Tags: #APIFantasy #AsianFantasy #PacificIslanderFantasy #EpicFantasy #AsianSciFi #PacificIslanderSciFi

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Fated Lovers

No matter how hard fate tries, nothing will tear fated lovers apart

No matter how hard fate tries, nothing will tear fated lovers apart. This Reading List is reserved for Romantic Fantasy & Science Fiction stories with romance as a main focus. Stories may contain tropes like love at first sight, reincarnated lovers, immortal x mortal, demon x human, royalty x commoner pairings, second male lead syndrome, childhood friends to lovers, and enemies/rivals to lovers. This also includes classic retellings of popular Asian myths and fairytales such as The White Snake or the Cowherd and the Weaver Girl in Chinese mythology or a Pacific Islander twist on classic fairytales likeThe Little Mermaid or Snow White.

Common tropes in this genre include, but are not limited to:

✿ Reincarnation / Rebirth: Couples may experience misfortune in a past lifetime, but meet again for the final test of the strength of their love in a later lifetime (usually modern times).

✿ Revenge: The main character has been killed off in the most brutal way or betrayed and humiliated by their first love. They usually return a few years in the past to prevent the horrible events from happening the same way. Or, they encounter a new love interest who is willing to help her exact her revenge and reclaim her position in society. Characters are usually strong-willed women with martial arts background and high intelligence or a weak-looking woman who learns to stand up for herself.