CHAPTER TEN | Contests & Collaborative Events

1. Contests: Every month, we will release what are called monthly contests. You will have from the first day of the month until the last day at 11:59 PM EST to submit your entry. These entries will be based on 2-3 prompts provided. We do not take extension requests to ensure that everyone is given an equal amount of time to write their entry and submit it by the deadline.

Contests will be judged on the following rubric:

The purpose of these contests is to help cultivate your writing ability

The purpose of these contests is to help cultivate your writing ability. To stay up to date on our monthly contests, please add our Challenges of a Disciple contest book to your private or public library and hit the follow button to receive announcements from our message board.

2. Challenges: Every month, we will launch War of Writers with FoodKart, which is a special Shokugeki-styled event catered to helping you perfect your description writing skills. We all may have received feedback at some point in our writing life that descriptions may be info dumping or too vague. We hope with these short challenges, you will learn how to create descriptions powerful enough to captivate your audience.

3. Collaborative Events: Every year, we will host three collaborative events and partner with other community-led profiles to bring interactive and exciting long-form writing challenges. If you're up to the challenge, stay tuned for the following events every year.

- The Immortals' Conquest: run every November 1 through February 1. An ONC-styled novella contest with a Lunar New Year theme. Filled with prompts inspired by Asian & Pacific Islander mythology & folklore, we hope to see you all sign up to complete a new novella before Lunar New Year begins on February 1.

- Will You Be Mine: run every February. A dating sim otome-styled game contest where you choose a love interest and write a thrilling romantic fantasy tale!

- Six Realms of API Fantasy: run every July 1 through September 1. An interactive, choose your own adventure contest that takes you on an adventure through a new realm each year. Uncover new prompts inspired by a set theme every year.

Tip: we suggest you make a new book to house your contest and challenge entries. You can tag it with #APIFantasyAnthology #APIFantasyContest #APIChallenge 

Guidelines Re Submissions

- All submissions must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

- Mature stories must be rated accordingly.

- All submissions must be in English, Spanish, Korean, or Thai.

- You can dedicate the chapter to APIFantasy, but it's not compulsory.

- Specific and more detailed guidelines will be determined for each given prompt as they are posted.

- All submissions must be categorized as Fantasy or Science Fiction.

Rewards

This may vary between contests and challenges and from prompt to prompt. Rewards may include one or more of the following:

- A winning sticker to commemorate your victory.

- An exclusive title in our Discord community for one month and bragging rights.

- Shout-outs from our message board and WackyWriters' social media.

- An interview to be featured in our Immortals of API Fantasy anthology.

- A book review featured in our Immortals of API Fantasy anthology.

- A feature of your winning entry in our Immortals of API Fantasy anthology.

- A feature in the applicable Reading List on APIFantasy and participating profiles if you placed in a collaborative event.

All rewards for a specific prompt will be clearly stated each time.