27: A Busy Day

"Get in loser we're going shopping" Cleo yelled at me from the inside of her car. Her window was rolled down but I could barely see her due to her being so petite.

I grabbed my wristlet and ran down the steps as carefully as possible and jumped into Cleo's Volvo. I was all smiles because I was finally getting this boot off, plus I was getting the day off from school. I needed a break from Margaret and Anastasia's snide remarks. I'm learning to ignore them but it's nice to No I don't have to deal with them.

"Did you just quote Mean Girls?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Cleo did not strike me as a girl who likes watching chick flicks let alone quote one of them. The girl who was wearing her white doc martens, light-washed mom jeans, and a black turtleneck bodysuit didn't exactly scream 'pink' but it is a good movie so I can't blame her.

" It calms me," she said shrugging her shoulders

"How?"

"Skylar here is something you should know about me." Cleo says waving her hand through the air "I dislike almost everyone girl at our school and Regina George is a spitting image of our classmates. Therefore I watch Mean Girls too make fun of those types of people. It's a form of therapy."

I shake my head in amusement with a smile forming. I would have never compared my classmates like Margaret or Anastasia to Regina George but I see where she is coming from. However, comparing those two barbie dolls to the iconic Regina George would be an insult to Regina.

" Now," Cleo says clapping her hands together. "What's the itinerary"

"There won't be one if you don't keep your hands on the wheel," I tell her giving a pointed look. Cleo has a bad habit of talking and forgetting she is driving.

"I'm a great driver" Cleo said rolling her eyes at me like I had just insulted her entire being.

I decided not to comment that out of the few times I've ridden with her, we have hit two curbs, run one red light, and got honked at numerous times, but I since don't drive myself I can't talk. But at the same time, just because I don't own a car, doesn't mean I don't know how to drive.

" Breakfast at that cute little cafe on main, doctors appointment, shopping at a couple of stores, I need an outfit for tonight's theme, lunch at that Mexican place near the mall and a dress shop". I told her looking at my notes on my phone. " So a busy day"

"Dress shop?"

I sighed rubbing my hands over my face bracing myself for the wrath of Cleo.

"I need a dress for homecoming" I muttered, embarrassed at what I was about to tell Cleo.

"Who are you going with?" Cleo asked slowly.

I paused, debating how I should tell her I was going to the dance with her "arch nemesis". I chewed my lip and glanced over and saw a genuine curious face. I may have not known Cleo long, but I knew her well enough to know what she was thinking. She was currently trying to think of every guy at school that has shown some interest in me.

"Luca," I said, finally deciding to be blunt.

Cleo didn't say anything and just looked at me. She blinked a couple of times before shaking her head, then she did something that shocked me. She smiled, like a genuine smile.

"You two are cute," she said, shrugging her shoulders like it was no big deal.

My eyes widened at her words. I can't believe she just said that. One, that she was okay with me going with him and two putting us together like we were a couple.