Twenty-Five | The Kiss

Chapter 25 : The Kiss

"Murder house and coven were the best seasons," I said and Scarlet nods her head in agreement. "It's a good show. But I thought the same thing would happen just like in season one of murder house. It's the same actors, they just play different characters, it's weird." I roll my eyes while clicking the next episode of freak show.

Scarlet and I are currently sitting in the living room watching American horror story on Netflix. After a year of her begging me to watch it, I finally did three months ago. I'm only on season three which is freak show. Honestly, my favorite current season would have to be coven, although the ending of asylum gave me chills. But the ending of murder house left me speechless.

Other then that, it's a really good show.

Scarlet came over after school today to try and cheer me up. All I've been thinking about for the last past two days is the video and the extremely intense moment Damon and I shared in the hallway. It's like the only thing I can think about, the way he stared at me. Sometimes in my head, I'd think about other things he'd do to me if I haven't answered him.

What if I didn't? Would he had really kissed me?

Welp seems like you'll never know.

But it was the right thing to do. What if he had kissed me? How would I explain to my best friend that her boyfriend kissed me? I couldn't handle that kind of secret. I mean, sure I've kept things to myself that I never told scarlet, but I wouldn't want her to think of me as someone I'm not just because of a mistake. A mistake that I probably wouldn't regret but the guilt would most definitely eat me alive.

After our encounter in the halls, Damon hasn't said a word to me. I always wondered if I have done something wrong for a person to stop talking to me. It's happened so many times, I'm insecure about what I say to people or what I do. Ugh, I'm such a freaking baby! Why can't I just find my inner confidence?

Do I even have one?

I heard about Jayden and his soon release from the hospital. The thought of him up and walking again makes a shiver run down my spine. Soon he'll be back in school and who knows what he'll do next.

What if he tries something again?

"Oh, my days! did he just stick his monster hand up her vag-" My sentence gets cut off by scarlet's laughter. She tilts her head back on the couch, tears slipping from her eyes. I stare at her, waiting for her to stop dying.

After a minute or two, she recovers from her laughter, wiping her tears and sitting back up. She lets out a few deep breaths and pats her chest, "Are you done?" I ask, arching my eyebrow.

"I think so, but that was funny. The way you s-said it and the look on your face!" Her laughter started again making me chuckle a bit and grab my orange soda off of the coffee table and take a few sips before setting it back down.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of the front door opening. Harley walks into the door wearing only a t-shirt and gym shorts, his Nike gym bag slinging on his shoulder. His hair was damped with sweat and so were his arms and legs. I'm guessing he just got home from basketball practice.

He drops his bag onto the floor by the door, walking in further. Once he steps aside, Damon walks in after him. I roll my eyes and return my gaze back to the tv, trying to ignore my racing heart and butterflies.

"Ou, you guys are watching American horror story?" Harley said, flopping down next to me, our skin touching. He grabs a hand full of my honey cheese curls and stuffs them into his mouth hungrily.