Thirty-Four | The Waiting Game

Chapter 34 : The Waiting Game

Damon's pov

Pacing back and forth around the waiting room, I shiver at the sound of heart monitors beeping in every room. Everything about this place freaks me out. It feels like the eyes of sick people are watching me.

Shaking the thought away, I run my fingers through my hair for the millionth time. I've been here for about forty-five minutes. I called Kate and told her Hermione is in the hospital and before I could explain to her what happened, she screamed at me to tell her which hospital before hanging up.

"Sir are you okay?" A nurse standing behind the front desk asked, giving me a fake smile.

"What do you think?" She opened her mouth to speak but decided not to and turned back to the file cabinet she was currently digging in.

"Thought so," I mumbled and rolled my eyes, completely irritated with the scene and doctors and nurses floating around.

Somebody tell me something!

I stopped pacing around and sat down In one of the couch chairs and gripped my hair tightly.

I wanted to scream at these people.

If only I knew what room number they are currently holding her in, I'd go check on her my damn self.

God, I hope she's ok.

"Damon?!" A voiced called and I lift my head up, seeing everyone including that Brett guy running through the hospital doors.

"Woah, Woah, I'm going to need to know names!" A person working at the front desk said.

"Kate Scott, mother of Hermione Scott!"

"Please wait in the waiting room."

I stood up just as everyone reached me.

"Where is she and what happened?! You scared me shitless when you called!"

"I-I don't know. I saw her run out of school and followed her home. When I got inside I found her in the bathroom, underneath the bathwater. Her lips and face were blue and she wouldn't wake up after I've given her mouth to mouth."

"Oh!" Kate cried and Harley grabbed onto her before she could hit the floor, leading her to one of the chairs.

"Oh my god," Harmony cried and sat down.

"T-This is all my fault," Scarlet cried. She slid down the hospital walls and sobbed into her hands, shaking her head rapidly.

"My baby," Kate cried again and gripped her hair. Harley silently cried and turned to me, glaring.

I looked away but as I turned around I felt him grip my shoulder. "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't play with her."

"My fault?! D-Did you know she was hurting? Did you know that she completely hates herself? That She doesn't think she's beautiful? T-That she has a cut mark somewhere on her body? She was hurting and none of us noticed. She's so broken, Harley. You should have heard the hurt in her voice," I shook my head at him and disbelief.