3

I can't describe the absolute joy I feel knowing that Zena loves school. She's always been a social kid, so it was no surprise that she was ecstatic to meet new people. The only one who has been depressed was Lara. She missed having her little mini me running after her while I missed my prankster sidekick.

There's been a lot of nights I've had to rub Lara's back as she ranted about how school was taking her little angel from her. She even considered murdering the entire faculty. And that was when I decided to remove her drink from her hands.

Lara has been coming around to the idea, especially after seeing how happy her daughter was. Zena would always come home and retell the day's events. She'd proudly state that she was the best artist (Lara made several comments about how she inherited that from her) and how she can play the recorder better than the other kids (another source of pride for Lara). Lara began looking forward to sending Zena to school so that she could find out what else Zena was superior over the other kids. I shook my head, but allowed Lara to be arrogant. If that helped her to get overs her sadness, then so be it.

I, on the other hand, was more mature than Lara. My only question for little Z was to know if her pranks were successful. I'd congratulate her every time she succeeded and no one found out it was her. Some of my favorite pranks from her were putting chocolate on a student's seat (so it looked like he pooped his pants), hiding a lizard in the teacher's desk (she's terrified of reptiles), and tiping the bathroom with toilet paper. She surprised me with her prank of pouring a laxative into the teacher's coffee. How did she know about the effects of laxatives? All I know is that the teacher had to go home early that day... something about her stomach hehe

Now back to our mission, we've not been successful over the last few months. We can't find the witch (our sources were able to confirm it was just one). She's been traveling throughout Italy, but has yet to come down to the southern part. She knows it's game over once she steps foot in our territory.

My uncle and father (it's really muddled over who the Alpha is since they're operating as co-alphas) sent wolves up north. What's odd is that the wolves would either die or come back severely injured. This witch was incredibly powerful if she was able to stand up to some of our best fighters.

Lara had contacted her brother to send some men. He immediately agreed, but his men faced the same fate. We were flabbergasted over who this witch could be. We talked strategy for a few more hours before breaking for the day.

I went to my office to organize some files. There must be something we can use to locate this witch.

"Mama!" I turned to see Zena tugging on my arm. I smiled and bent down to pick her up.

"How was your day at school?"

"So much fun!" She began excitedly telling me about her day. "It's funny because some of the kids don't understand what I'm saying in English, so I have to switch to Italian." She laughed.

Lara and I decided to raise Zena where she speaks English at home. She communicates with everyone, who lives in the villa, in English. She also is fluent in Italian and French. I'd often hear her greet the gardeners or helpers in Italian. I'd caught her a couple of times giving them flowers or other treats as a sign of gratitude. She was really a sweet kid. I'd also hear her speak to Lara in French when the two would paint or play piano together. Zena and I spoke in Italian when we were planning pranks on Lara.

"That's great, Tesoro." I pinched her cheeks, causing her to squeal and worm her way out my arms. I began peppering her face with kisses, resulting in her giggling.

"Ma petite chou!" Lara kissed Zena's cheeks. "Mind if I talk to mama for a minute." I placed Zena down. "Promise to take you to the beach later." She bent down to lock pinkies with Zena.

Zena ran off to, probably, find Domenico. Domenico was essentially Zena's babysitter when Jade or Zayn weren't here. Zena was also a big fan of Taemin, Lexi, and Hailey. I think she had a crush on Hailey, considering that her face would get red everytime Hailey would kiss her cheek.

"I've never understood why your term of endearment for her is 'little cabbage'." Lara chuckled at me.

"I don't know. It's a French thing I guess." She hugged me. "Now, I need private time with you." She began kissing my neck.

"And what do you need this private time for?" I raised a brow.

"To do you." She pushed me onto the desk and straddled me.

I brought Lara's lips down to mine and kissed her hungrily. Even though we were constantly around each other, I couldn't get enough of her. I moaned as she sucked my neck. Her teeth nipped at my skin in a teasing manner.

Her hands caressed my sides before wandering lower. I felt her unzip my jeans. With her help, I quickly got them off. Lara chuckled against my lips and commented on my wetness. I lightly slapped her cheek and bit her lip. She moaned, but got the hint that I wasn't in the mood for foreplay.

Her hands glossed over my panties, rubbing circles around my heat. I moaned at the friction the fabric was causing. I felt Lara push aside the fabric and allow her fingers to make direct contact with me. Her fingers circled my entrance, wetting from my juices. Lara's fingers were about to enter me when we heard a pained howl.

Lara and I froze at the sound. We looked at each other in confusion. Within seconds, I was completely dressed. Lara had already bolted out the door so I whizzed after her. My uncle and I arrived in the backyard at the same time. We looked at each other in confusion. I then spotted Lara assisting Domenico.

Dante gasped before rushing to Domenico. He was battered and bruised. There were gashes along his body, causing blood to drain out of him. I could see the silver and Wolfsbane inside his wounds. We brought him to the medic bay and yelled for the medic to work on him.

The medic placed an oxygen mask over his face. Domenico tried removing it, but my uncle kept it in place. Domenico then looked at me with urgent and pleading eyes. I sensed that there was something imperative that he had to say. I moved Dante's hand away and removed the mask, allowing Domenico to speak.

"Z-Z." He was having difficulty breathing.

"What is it Domenico?! You need the mask and surgery stat so-"

"Zena."