14

Lara's right hand went around my waist. She then used her left hand to hold mine. I felt the familiar spark when her icy, cold hand made contact with me. Lara then led me in a waltz. I was staring at her, but her eyes were observing the crowd. I know she felt my gaze on her, but she didn't care. I began trying to look in her line of sight, but I saw nothing out of the ordinary. When I turned my head around, I saw her staring at me.

We stared at each other as we continued to waltz. I could sense roaming eyes on me, but Lara had my undivided attention. She appeared to feel the exact same way. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't rip my gaze away from her. I know she was feeling the same things as me, but she was hiding it. I was fearful that she'd reject me.

I wanted to break the silence, but I remembered her absurd rule. I couldn't speak unless spoke to. I sensed Lara was regretting her rule since she was struggling to break the ice.

"Ask your questions." She averted her eyes.

"Why the water torture?"

"Because your the kind who won't break under physical torture. The only chance at breaking you is using psychological torture, but I can see that failed as well." She smirked and twirled me. "Is that it?" She tugged me so that we were chest to chest.

"Why am I here?" My tone was sharp.

"Because it's a party and I want to make the guests envious of what they can't have." She huskily whispered into my ear.

"Why were you angry your guest called me a blood slut?" She tensed in anger at the word choice. "That is what I am, so why the reaction?" She dipped me before speaking.

"Last time I've checked, I haven't indulged in your liquid warmth... both internally and externally." Her lips grazed my throat. She then pulled me back upright. "Maybe my reaction will change when I taste all of you." I harshly stared at her.

"What is the real reason you won't kill me?" Her grip tightened to the point I had to hold in a whimper.

"Pure entertainment." She looked away. "I have to go. Try to stay out of trouble, wolfy." She smirked before letting go.

I instantly missed her coldness. She walked off to dance with another lady. I was burning with jealousy as the woman practically flung herself all over Lara. I then noticed the hungry looks on the other vampires. I began to feel uncomfortable, so I tried to shuffle out the way. A few began to advance towards me. I guess I'm fair game now?

"Hey!" Sophie suddenly appeared in front of me. "You have to try the deserts!" She tugged me toward the buffet.

I noticed the vampires staring at me in want. I suddenly realized that they wouldn't come closer since I had Sophie with me. I had to find a way to thank her. She held up a cake, but I was distracted by the delicious smelling meat. Sophie noticed my ravished gaze. She looked around the room (probably to make sure Lara was preoccupied) and then handed me some of the meat finger foods.

I wouldn't say that I ate the food. The more accurate term would be that I inhaled the food. I began to feel my strength come back the more I ate. I was seriously meat deprived. I don't think Sophie expected me to consume the entire dish, but she couldn't stop me.

"Thanks, Sophie." Her eyes widened in surprise. What?

"How do you know her name?" Alec suddenly appeared. He placed his mate protectively behind him.

"Lucky guess." I snarked back before shoving a meatball in my mouth.

"I don't subscribe to sarcasm." He snatched the food out my mouth. "Now, answer." He demanded as he threw the food into the trash.

"Peaceful event, my love." Sophie whispered into his ear. "Not the place." She urged him.

"Okay, but you have overstayed your welcome. Leave." His eyes narrowed.

"I only answer to the Queen." I smirked at his shocked expression. "Adieu, petit prince." I brushed past him.

I walked to the other side of the room, ignoring the gazes of the vampires. I was their forbidden fruit. Message for all my gawkers: you can look, but you cannot touch! I flipped my hair over my shoulder, allowing my scent to waft past my audience. I could hear the growls as they attempted to control themselves.

"Your mission sure is to vex me, is it not?" Lara appeared by my side.

She had a firm grip on my bicep as she led me out the room. I saw her turn to glare at the vampires. She then whipped her head around so that I could be the recipient of her harsh glare. I merely smirked back, prompting her to become angrier. I could totally be an annoying pain in the ass.

Lara led me to her room. She quickly closed the door before storming up to me. Her hand found its way around my throat before I was slammed into the wall. We glared at each other. I could feel my wolf fighting for control. Chiara wanted Lara to be the one pushed against the wall.

"I can only tolerate so much disrespect." She spoke through gritted teeth. "That stunt could've been catastrophic."

"Worried they'd hurt me?" I mocked.

"I would've slaughtered the entire hall." My eyes widened at her confession. "How would that have looked if I wiped out a few dozen vampires?"

"Would've looked good for every other species." My features were stern.

"You test my patience." Lara pushed herself off me. "And that attitude..." She threw her head back and let out a melodic laugh. "Truly savage."

I couldn't help but chuckle. It reminded me of the Lara from my world. My Lara adored and found my attitude to be quite humorous. She said I always kept her on her toes.

I wanted to say something, but there was a knock on the door. Lara opened the door to reveal Hailey and Alec. They motioned for Lara to accompany them. Lara glanced back at me and decided to add some extra security for me because of the vampires downstairs.

She then left me with Taemin. Uh...